To send or not to send? dji crack

Reaction score
Got my response from quadcopter.co.uk about my p3p with hole in the arm this is what they said

Having looked at the photo I can see your concerns, the hole doesnt really represent a threat to the airframe integrity or safety, not does it have any bearing on the safe operation of the motors. in my view its just cosmetic, however if you would like it to be appraised by dji then I can arrange this for you no problem at all.

Please package up the item and return it to us, clearly marking the parcel with the support ticket number, this way we can track your item through our support system. Please also include a covering letter with a description of the fault and your complete contact information including return address. If it is a suspected warranty claim then please make sure the item is still within warranty period otherwise a replacement or free repair will not be available and may also incur return shipping costs for the original item. The warranty timescales and information for DJI are on their website, for other items please consult the manufacturers website.

For general repairs there is a standing charge of £30 for inspection and appraisal prior to repair, this is over and above any work that maybe subsequently completed.

Send to:
Quadcopters
Units 8-9 , Ashlea Farm Ind Est
Dawbers Lane, Euxton
Chorley
Lancashire
PR7 6EN

Cheers
Technical.

Do i send or just carry on flying and replace the shell myself later on?

Attachments

• 20151104_101529.jpg
    20151104_101529.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 406
thats a tiny hole. you know how you got it? personally i dont think i would have sent it in for repair.

All problems start small.

Get it repaired before it becomes a flying air missile waiting to fall out the sky.

You have to pay 30 quid for what?

How long ago did you purchase the P3 from them?

Tell them it is a common problem and that they need to repair it for free without any payment as you have rites as a buyer and that if need be you would get legal advice.

Also you can send it off to DJI yourself and cut out the freaking middle man, there just trying to take £30 from you for no reason, if you got your receipt give DJI an email and they will raise an RMA or RMI whichever it is they call it.

Good luck bud.

Reactions: Arvidj
thats a tiny hole. you know how you got it? personally i dont think i would have sent it in for repair.

It just appeared. Whats the £30 for i thought this would be covered its only 4 months old with 20 odd flights on it

It just appeared. Whats the £30 for i thought this would be covered its only 4 months old with 20 odd flights on it

Bud how far is quadcopters from you?

As a distant seller they have to either repair, replace or refund.

Go google it, if you paid with a credit card then make a dispute with them and you will get your money back, next time I advise you purchase from Maplin.

guess the €30 is their charge to handle the sending in to dji for you. best would be to go straight to dji and send it in yourself.

they are about 40 mins away i payed with cash i bought the extra battery and case £1399

UK Law is a funny Law.

Give it a shot and see what they say, worst case scenario, if you have family members who is qualified in Law like mine then get them to draft out a letter.

I always do lo works all the time.

And again if quadcopters is being unreasonable then claim through your credit card company if you paid by credit card.

I bought my P3A from Maplin back in August, since today I have had my P3 changed twice without an issue and any questions asked.

Now I'm a happy owner of the new motor P3P.

P.S got a discount on an already discounted P3A to a P3P from them too, paid less then £1k in total for the P3P

Reactions: SteUk
I bought my P2V+ from a proper UK dealer - when it developed cracks after just 10 flights I was told that the case is not covered for warranty. Less than impressed.

Send it direct to DJI and avoid your local shops "handling fee" (and shops wonder why people buy online). I always try to support my local shop, glad they don't operate like they do. Other than that I would fix it with Plast-aid.

41HLHQOx64L._SX355_.jpg

I got one of those "holes" once on an early mofrl. Just put on the uavbits thing and it hasn't changed size or shape.

Got my response from quadcopter.co.uk about my p3p with hole in the arm this is what they said

Having looked at the photo I can see your concerns, the hole doesnt really represent a threat to the airframe integrity or safety, not does it have any bearing on the safe operation of the motors. in my view its just cosmetic, however if you would like it to be appraised by dji then I can arrange this for you no problem at all.

Please package up the item and return it to us, clearly marking the parcel with the support ticket number, this way we can track your item through our support system. Please also include a covering letter with a description of the fault and your complete contact information including return address. If it is a suspected warranty claim then please make sure the item is still within warranty period otherwise a replacement or free repair will not be available and may also incur return shipping costs for the original item. The warranty timescales and information for DJI are on their website, for other items please consult the manufacturers website.

For general repairs there is a standing charge of £30 for inspection and appraisal prior to repair, this is over and above any work that maybe subsequently completed.

Send to:
Quadcopters
Units 8-9 , Ashlea Farm Ind Est
Dawbers Lane, Euxton
Chorley
Lancashire
PR7 6EN

Cheers
Technical.

Do i send or just carry on flying and replace the shell myself later on?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic