To people that own a P4 would you recommend still a P4P?

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm sure this question has been beaten to death ad nauseam but not sure so I am going to ask anyway.

I have a P3A, P3P, P4 and a Mavic in the enthusiast line of my fleet. All of a sudden and out of nowhere, I have a deep desire to buy the P4P. I know DJI is about to announce something in a couple weeks but I am almost sure it is the Spark and not the 5 which I don't think we will see for a good year or so, maybe less.

So having the Mavic is the first of the enthusiast UAVs that does fill a void.

Does the P4P take a good enough picture and with the extra side OAs is it worth it to go ahead and buy another P4?

I am certainly not a wealthy man but it wouldn't take food off my daughter's plate. I can afford it but it won't be unfelt completely. But I REALLY REALLY want it.

Thoughts P4P owners only please.

DJI is coming out with a P4A sometime soon. Maybe that'll be a better option if you want to upgrade to the P4P camera but don't need the extra sensors.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
DJI is coming out with a P4A sometime soon. Maybe that'll be a better option if you want to upgrade to the P4P camera but don't need the extra sensors.
LOL! Awesome! I was just saying in another post how you are the best member here and always have the links on command.

Thanks Michael! You ARE the man. I had no idea about the P4A and I consider myself fairly well informed, albeit forgetful. :):):):):):p:p

The P4A is now available. You can check it out here.

Does the P4P take a good enough picture and with the extra side OAs is it worth it to go ahead and buy another P4?
The P4 pro and P4 Advanced are a huge upgrade photographically with a sensor that is four times the size of the sensor used in the P4 and Mavic.
The object avoidance sounds good for marketing and might be useful in tight situations but really it's just frills and the speed you gain by switching it off is more valuable for me.
The new Advanced should be a very practical machine.

The P4 pro and P4 Advanced are a huge upgrade photographically with a sensor that is four times the size of the sensor used in the P4 and Mavic.
The object avoidance sounds good for marketing and might be useful in tight situations but really it's just frills and the speed you gain by switching it off is more valuable for me.

Bingo.

Of course that's a personal decision about the price difference and the need or not for the sensors. I for myself don't often run into situations where I actually need (or better yet, would rely confidently) on the OA system. But I acknowledge the feature and its usefulness on specific occasions. It works, and well, and does come handy at times.

So I prefer to have the sensors and be able to switch them off than being locked. But that's me. Besides, I've noticed some clients just feel better knowing this tech is present and available, even though they couldn't care less if or how I'm using it :p I guess it just wows them, not everyone is into drones as many of us are.

Don't forget the 5.8GHz missing feature. This feature is a must when you need to fly into city or environments with interference. Many times when I needed to record footage in the city, surrounded by buildings and antennas, 5.8GHz it's the only answer that I have to avoid interferences, lack of HD signal and glitches in FPV.

Reactions: AlexSP

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl