To Litchi app or not to Litchi app

Reaction score
Not sure if I should purchase the Litchi app. Anyone one who uses it can you give me the pros and cons vs DJI GO?
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge if it matters. Thanks!

I have only just begun using Litchi with my iPad Air 2 with approximately 90 minutes total flight time using it. Also note that I have approximately 20 minutes flight time using the DJI GO app, so this is an indicator of which I prefer in general... I have only used two of Litchi's flight modes thus far: FPV (First Person View) and Waypoint.

FPV is pretty much what you get with DJI GO. Everything on the remote works the same, and you can fly around and have a grand old time.

Waypoint mode is what attracted me. In this mode, you are able to autonomously fly a pre-plotted mission from takeoff to landing - all with the simple touch of an icon on your flight monitor if you want. I generally perform the take off and landing though, meaning that I manually get the craft up to an altitude that is close to that programed for its first waypoint, and then I press 'Start' to begin the mission. It will ask for confirmation, and once given, it will load the flight plan into the craft, and off it will go on its own. After reaching its final waypoint, I have my action set to Return Home, but as it enters this mode, I generally take over and manually fly it back. During the course of its waypoint flight, you can also set up 'Points of Interest' (POI) along the way, allowing you to program camera actions like take a photo or capture video, or, of course, you can just capture video of the entire flight and have the camera aim itself where you want by setting up which POI's the camera looks at during each portion of the flight. I guess DJI GO allows you you to do something similar to this as well, but only after you have already manually flown the mission and saved it for a future flight.

One other thing that I really like about Litchi is the fact that it gives you numerical percentage readouts for your Remote and Video Feed connectivity - rather than the bars that DJI GO gives. For some reason, I greatly prefer this percentage readout for that quick glance when flying to a distance.

Lastly, I want to add that I am not belittling DJI GO in any way. It is a very powerful and intuitive software app that has its place for sure. I just like having that little bit extra to do with my copter, and Litchi's waypoint mode offers me a function that makes this hobby all that more fun and interesting.

I have only just begun using Litchi with my iPad Air 2 with approximately 90 minutes total flight time using it. Also note that I have approximately 20 minutes flight time using the DJI GO app, so this is an indicator of which I prefer in general... I have only used two of Litchi's flight modes thus far: FPV (First Person View) and Waypoint.

FPV is pretty much what you get with DJI GO. Everything on the remote works the same, and you can fly around and have a grand old time.

Waypoint mode is what attracted me. In this mode, you are able to autonomously fly a pre-plotted mission from takeoff to landing - all with the simple touch of an icon on your flight monitor if you want. I generally perform the take off and landing though, meaning that I manually get the craft up to an altitude that is close to that programed for its first waypoint, and then I press 'Start' to begin the mission. It will ask for confirmation, and once given, it will load the flight plan into the craft, and off it will go on its own. After reaching its final waypoint, I have my action set to Return Home, but as it enters this mode, I generally take over and manually fly it back. During the course of its waypoint flight, you can also set up 'Points of Interest' (POI) along the way, allowing you to program camera actions like take a photo or capture video, or, of course, you can just capture video of the entire flight and have the camera aim itself where you want by setting up which POI's the camera looks at during each portion of the flight. I guess DJI GO allows you you to do something similar to this as well, but only after you have already manually flown the mission and saved it for a future flight.

One other thing that I really like about Litchi is the fact that it gives you numerical percentage readouts for your Remote and Video Feed connectivity - rather than the bars that DJI GO gives. For some reason, I greatly prefer this percentage readout for that quick glance when flying to a distance.

Lastly, I want to add that I am not belittling DJI GO in any way. It is a very powerful and intuitive software app that has its place for sure. I just like having that little bit extra to do with my copter, and Litchi's waypoint mode offers me a function that makes this hobby all that more fun and interesting.

I'm really interested in follow me feature. I'm wondering how small the object being followed can be as I plan on using it to follow my Traxxas E-Revo Brushless 1/8th scale rc truck.

Well for all of its features, it is well worth the money, and if it is able to track that, then big bonus. Pretty cool by the way!

Well for all of its features, it is well worth the money, and if it is able to track that, then big bonus. Pretty cool by the way!

Thank you! Here are some more....

The Phantom actually weighs down the ERevo and bottoms out the shocks.....it's amazing how stable a responsive the P4 is and how much it weighs, it seems it weighs alot more than my P3A. Anyways these are my favorite toys at the moment.

And they seem like they get along pretty well too. That's always a bit of a concern when you bring a new toy into the house....

I'm really interested in follow me feature. I'm wondering how small the object being followed can be as I plan on using it to follow my Traxxas E-Revo Brushless 1/8th scale rc truck.

best bet is get a small older cellphone and use magic leash with litchi.. amazing!! i

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers