To gimbal lock or not to gimbal lock

I've never used the gimball lock even when hauling around in the case. It seems to me that the G forces encountered in a crash landing would be several time what the "bird" normally encounters in the case. Baggage handlers or shipping--now those might be a different issues.

I always use the gimbal clamp, but admittedly I would sometimes forget to remove it. Solved with a free Casnio players card leash that I glued to the clamp. Very flexible and lightweight plastic curly cord that I wrap around the arm of the P3 and set atop the motor thread.
Cure for senior moments.
a854a04140444b3d2a5cadc6fe5994f4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My stock gimbal lock keeps falling off. I put it on correctly every time I put it in the hard case but even the easier of transports I open the case and pull out the P3 and the lock to lying in the bottom of the case. Before I got the hard case and I just used the original box to transport the lock always stayed on. Is it possible that the foam on the bottom of the hard case is pushing it off? Any suggestion?

My stock gimbal lock keeps falling off. I put it on correctly every time
Are you sure you're squeezing the top of the lock into the notch in the side of the gimbal?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That is exactly how I put the lock on. I have been making sure to do as he says in video and "pinch" the lock into place from the other side of the gimbal as well. Still the lock comes off.

Does the lock feel tight after pinching it?

Yes. I put it back in again after I got home. Seems to be tight. I will see if it does the trick this weekend. Will be taking back out to record some receding flood waters.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic