To get the phantom 4 or not

Reaction score
Hello guys I wanted to hear what you think about the new Dji phantom 4.
Personally o think that if you had a phantom 3 and wanted to upgrade this is not for you. The phantom 4 was designed so that flights were safer and no other features were were added to make pro filmmaking any better in my opinion.
here at some things that Dji should have done.
-same price or less for a battery
-sensors not on the front but on the sides(you can see what is I front of you.)
-20mega pixel camera
-longer battery lifetime(like30-35min)
-included quick charger
If you wanted to upgrade for filming you should buy an inspire1 with dual control. Then upgrade to the zemnuse x5, then to the s1000 with the Sony a7s.

Personally if I was given the money to buy the phantom 4 I would get the phantom 3 advanced with a case, nd filters, and extra batteries.
I want to hear your opinion on this so please tell me why or why not to get the phantom 4

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There is no comparison from the stills, and video I have seen that were taken from the p4. The p4 seems to be significantly better in the image arena, and all of the other new functionality.

P4 is the way to go imo.

Well in the video they do a lot of color correction to make the video a lot better so I would take that into consideration.

Not the ones I have seen and posted here. Video shot in log and the images were jpg not raw, and looked liked the video from my inspire. I even have raw footage too.

I will share the video if you have the bandwidth, and would like to see it.

Camera tracking could be useful and fun.

I wonder is it possible to setup and track a car/bike/boat for 10 min( it would be way out of the transmitter range and your control by then), then after 10 min have it return back to your take off point. That would be way cool(not talking about legal issue)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't know you would probably have to ask Dji

"-sensors not on the front but on the sides(you can see what is I front of you.)
-20mega pixel camera
-longer battery lifetime(like30-35min)
-included quick charger"

I predict that all these must-have's will be featured in the new P4P, TBA in 6-8 months:

The extra flight duration and the extra speed is what I want. This almost doubles my loiter time at targets 2 miles away. The improved lens and tracking is icing on the cake. I will be planing more shots ideal for slow-mo given the new 120fps support, sweet. Just in time for daylight savings time, it's turning on this weekend! Yeehaw. I'm flying after work again!

Reactions: Ed209
Just go for it.... this an awesome machine and we only live once!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20