To Fly or Not to Fly

Reaction score
Well, ok. I know I am going to fly.

I have flown the FC40, probably 50 flights. It is so easy to fly.

Then ordered the P2V+ for the camera and gimbal. Shortly after receiving it the new TX came out. I contacted DJI and worked out a deal with them. The updated TX arrives tomorrow.

But, after reading many of the topics in this forum I am pretty hesitant to fly it. Users have complained about the new software, the firmware updates, the fact that lights on the new TX are no longer working, problems with the new gimbal control wheel, etc, etc

I know the info is out there, but it seems to be spread over many different posts and topics. Could someone that is now successfully using the P2V+ and the new TX condense it for me?

What steps do I need to take as far as updating software and firmware so things work the way they should?
Any particular order?
What other steps do I need to take?
etc.

I am not being lazy about this. There just seems to be so much confusing information out there. I read the forums constantly. Read the P2V+ manual, twice at least.

Being pretty new to all this I don't want to lose it on the first flight.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. It is REALLY appreciated.

Galen

Ok to begin with....you never have to update any of it if you are enjoying what you have. I have yet to update mine simply just waiting for all bugs to be taken care of. Even then I still might not update. There are some that have never updated any of their equipment.

I suggest you charge your battery and while doing that read the manual. Then calibrate your controller and compass. They refer to the controller as the quad itself, and I meant what you hold in your hand while flying. You'll need to charge the Range Extender which takes the longest. I use a Nexus 7 tablet which is waayy better then flying with a smartphone.

But as I say no need to worry about doing all the updates now. Probably best that you fly your "transmitter" in phantom mode with both switches up all the time. You'll most likely get lost signal and lost connection early on. These will improve the more you fly. Take your time and have fun.....no need to hurry.

In essence flynfrank is right... however.... because you swapped you Tx for a new version one, I am afraid in you sitiation you need to do more. Firstly you wiĺl have to bound your new Tx to the bird. Further it might also be nessecery to update the firmware of the bird in order to have it working with the new type of Tx.
Regards FA

1. Update the firmware of the Phantom to v.3.08
2. Check the box for "upgraded" transmitter.
3. Since you have the "new" transmitter, update the zenmuse gimbal.
4. DO NOT UPDATE THE CONTROLLER USING RC ASSISTANT, it will downgrade your transmitter.

I started with an FC40, even did mods like adding a wifi repeater, etc. The P2V+ BLOWS IT AWAY. Get to it, son.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj