Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

To ATTI or not to ATTI when recording?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonash, Jul 20, 2014.

1. dragonash

I'm running a FC40 with a 2 Axis gimbal and I constantly run into slight vibrations (it looks like it goes left and right very slightly) in the video.

I do fly on pretty windy days, so I know that cant help, but it also seems like there are vibrations even on non windy days.
    I always fly with GPS and I'm starting to think it's GPS that might be causing the issue. Maybe all the little corrections it makes?

Should I run ATTI mode when doing video? Or do I need to calibrate the phantom, even though the naza assistant says its not needed?

2. Gizmo3000

what you might be experience is the dreaded "yaw wobble" that the Phantom does to correct it's orientation. - it's def most noticeable when flying in windy conditions.
    .a 3-axis gimbal alleviates that . (combined with post-stabilization)

if you can, ATTI mode is always considered a bit better than GPS for stable video (tho I'm actually not sure if the Phantom tries to correct yaw position while in ATTi mode)

3. dragonash

That might be it. Also with the limitation of a 2 Axis gimbal and gusty winds, I get that result.
    here is an example I just did.

HD might not be available since I just uploaded it
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJtwMrr2ZSA[/youtube]