Tmoto MN2214 KV920 + Stock Props = Argggghhhhhh

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these motors and stock props? Thanks in advance?

BACK STORY | ADDITIONAL INFO:
Recently purchased a Vision+ and while I was/am very happy with it, the camera just didn't compare to the newer GoPro's so I decided to build up another Phantom 2 with H3-3d - FPV system - GoPro Hero 3+ Black.

I was also interested in any upgrade that could extend the battery life/flying power so I decided to get the Tmotors (MN2214 KV920). I was most interested in these for a variety of reasons but the main reason was that I did not want to upgrade the props and according to the description these motors accept stock props.

Started putting everything together last night... Got two of the motors soldiered on and decided to test the prop fitment.. THANK GOD because I cannot get the stock props to fit these things to save my life!! :evil: It is so frustrating because if you look at the threads and base on the stock motor directly beside the Tmotor it looks identical but obviously not because on the stock motors the props spin right down on it with no probs... super easy... On the Tmotors You can push twist with all your might and they still dont grab the threads and if you do eventually get them to grab it is so tight that it feels cross threaded so I ended up bailing everytime......

ARRRGGGHHHHHH... I hate to say it but it seems like this might be $180 down the drain???
And yes these Tmotors come in CCW and CW threads just like the factory motors and I made sure to try the correct prop on the correct motor...

jplayer said:
Anyone have experience with these motors and stock props? Thanks in advance?

BACK STORY | ADDITIONAL INFO:
Recently purchased a Vision+ and while I was/am very happy with it, the camera just didn't compare to the newer GoPro's so I decided to build up another Phantom 2 with H3-3d - FPV system - GoPro Hero 3+ Black.

I was also interested in any upgrade that could extend the battery life/flying power so I decided to get the Tmotors (MN2214 KV920). I was most interested in these for a variety of reasons but the main reason was that I did not want to upgrade the props and according to the description these motors accept stock props.

Started putting everything together last night... Got two of the motors soldiered on and decided to test the prop fitment.. THANK GOD because I cannot get the stock props to fit these things to save my life!! :evil: It is so frustrating because if you look at the threads and base on the stock motor directly beside the Tmotor it looks identical but obviously not because on the stock motors the props spin right down on it with no probs... super easy... On the Tmotors You can push twist with all your might and they still dont grab the threads and if you do eventually get them to grab it is so tight that it feels cross threaded so I ended up bailing everytime......

ARRRGGGHHHHHH... I hate to say it but it seems like this might be $180 down the drain???
And yes these Tmotors come in CCW and CW threads just like the factory motors and I made sure to try the correct prop on the correct motor...

wow - cool down bro! Relax! Thats a known issue on tmotors. The white paint on the threads is messing with the p2 props clearance! Just get a sandpaper and sand the motors' threads until white paint is out. Now screw the p2 props, easily! :mrgreen:

Oh.. Im cool... I just soldered back in the stockers but kinda was making me sick to think I might lose out $180...
Ill try sanding them down and see if that helps out!!
I need to get a die set that fits the threads on the motor anyway.. As I tried to put one of the props on it it messed up the topmost thread on one of the motors. No big deal... die set should help patch that up and clean that paint off also.

Anyone know off hand what the threads on the motors are?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers