TK102B External Mounting Options - Where Did You Mount Yours

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Looking for external mounting ideas for my TK102B on a P2 w/Zenmuse and Immersion TX. Not looking to internally mount at this time. Looking for pics if ya got them. :)

Also, has anyone had any interference issues?

Re: TK102B External Mounting Options - Where Did You Mount Y

Mines just stuck on the bottom. Nothing exciting but it works.

Attachments

• photo-7.JPG
    photo-7.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 447
  • P2-1.JPG
    P2-1.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 483

xgeek said:
Mines just stuck on the bottom. Nothing exciting but it works.

Not sure what I'm looking at here. The immersion has the smaller antenna right? Is the box the TK102? What's the smaller board with the bigger antenna?

Oh, is the smaller board a flytrex?

Xgeek, thanks for the pic.

Not sure what the white board is. It appears to have a micro slot.
I have considered this mounting method. My concern was all the antennas in such close proximity.

EDIT: Your right Jondrew, it is a Flytrex.

I have no issues with the mounting locations and it flys great and hovers perfectly.
Not a lot of space on the bottom so my options are limited unless I mount inside, but I prefer to have everything external.

What's the smaller board with the bigger antenna?

Correct the smaller board is a Flytrex. The larger antenna is a Horizon 2.4 SP for my control of my Phantom. It is not connected to the Flytrex.

Attachments

• P2-2.JPG
    P2-2.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 416

xgeek said:
I have no issues with the mounting locations and it flys great and hovers perfectly.
Not a lot of space on the bottom so my options are limited unless I mount inside, but I prefer to have everything external.

What's the smaller board with the bigger antenna?

Correct the smaller board is a Flytrex. The larger antenna is a Horizon 2.4 SP for my control of my Phantom. It is not connected to the Flytrex.

Thanks, I went to the trouble of mounting my IOSD internally. While I like the "clean look", I now have to update it and that requires I open the Phantom up again. I have a ground station arriving today and I think I'm going to figure out an external mounting arrangement for everything so I have access without having to open the shell up. I have extended landing gear I bought on ebay and will probably put some sort of equipment shelf so I can position everything and have the ground station, transmitter and Phantom antennas unobstructed by the gimbal.

Not to hijack the thread, but have you seen any improvement in range with the 2.4 SP antenna?

I just ordered an original Xexun tracker. Its pricey but worths it, since i have received 2 (!!) defective clones so far (ebay-different sellers). Last clone was seemingly working, but when my phantom crashed into the forest, the gps coordinates were showing me...China! :lol: (no joke, it was stuck) . Anyhow, this is what i am going to do with it.. will remove the heavy casing, and wire a connector for hubsan batteries! (3.7v) Will be good for a full day flying.

As for the installation location, i am using a CF mount from ebay in the front of the phantom. It never gets in my gopro view no matter the angle (wide mode).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31