TK102/2 Sat count SMS command?

Reaction score
I know a few folk are using this tracker- and to you a question;

Has anyone found the SMS command to get back the "number of satellites" [not just yes/no/good]

I've googled all the phrases I can think of- and come up with zero,

No - only seems to be the basic function

"Check<password>"

Something else worth noting is that you want to be careful about hitting the SOS button on the top if you haven't set an authorised cell number. Depending on your sim card provider the ability to send texts from the tracker will be suspended for around 24hours. This is because it will attempt to contact itself in rapid succession and is seen as suspicious activity.

Nightmare situation would be that your phantom crash lands and something hits that button. you now try and contact the tracker for GPS location and it cant send you its position via text !!! :shock:

Karl666 said:
No - only seems to be the basic function

"Check<password>"

Yes, that's as far as I've got. Strange, all the sales blurb says that this 'sat count' is a feature of the 2 version.

Even though mine is a clone [a good one]- I've sent an email to Xexun. Will post if I get a reply.

Registering yourself with "Admin<password> <yourNumber>" gets around the SOS button situation but this has issues of its own.

I found that if I just entered my authorising number without an international dial code prefix, it wouldn't respond to a phone call to return its position. All of the text commands would still work as expect but the basic function of reporting its position via text would not respond. If you end up with this condition you need to enter "begin<password>" to restore to defaults and start again.

That SOS button could be a game changer if its activated without an authorising number being entered. :( seems ridiculous that it is allowed to respond without being setup and effectively lock out the SMS facility on the sim card.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20