TK-102B GPS Tracker

Reaction score
Hi, wondering what SIM card (and where from) people have purchased to be used in the TK-102B?

That was the most popular tracker used for our purposes the last time I was researching it here. Has that changed?

I remember seeing someone walk though the site to purchase the plan that doesn't expire on a particular network, but I can't remember which.. And can't find the thread.

Thanks for any help here!

I just started using this one. I'm not sure how it compares to other plans. I got the $10 plan for every 90 days. I think it charges 5 cents per text or something like that. The SIM costs 1 cent on amazon. It was then activated online.

http://www.amazon.com/H2O-Wireless-SIM- ... B004MF3IA8

That's cool knuckles, doesn't sound bad. Dirkclod how much is your ATT plan?

Curious to know what other people are using

AT&T will sell you a pre-paid SIM. $10 will expire in 30 days, $25 will last 90 days, and $100 will last a year. The plan I chose was $0.10 per minute (it's $0.20 per text message). I loaded $25 so that will give me 125 texts for the next 90 days. They also offer a $2 per day plan which will give unlimited minutes and texts for a 24 hour period. Not saying AT&T is the cheapest but it's what I chose.

More info here: AT&T Pre-Paid Plans

knuckles said:
I just started using this one. I'm not sure how it compares to other plans. I got the $10 plan for every 90 days. I think it charges 5 cents per text or something like that. The SIM costs 1 cent on amazon. It was then activated online.

http://www.amazon.com/H2O-Wireless-SIM- ... B004MF3IA8
can you please explain to me how this works? and how you use it with the phantom? thanks

The tk102-2 or tk102b,
Is basically a cell phone, can receive calls, but can only
Reply in SMS ( standard text messaging system )
Any cell sim will work, you just need a #, that is what the
SIM IS.
I bought mine:
Tracker $25
SIM. $15
Sd card.$5
My service ( AT&T mobile ) $5 month ( buy 5 month get 1 free )
I paid $25 for 6 months ( UNLIMITED TEXTS )

Mount to phantom, call tracker from cell phone,
Tracker texts back ( longitude, latitude, speed, time, date )
Also links you to google maps ( if smart phone )
Go to google maps, and there is your bird!
Super simple

Pic:
CBCA51EB-0CDD-4500-8A87-C71CA168EE89_zpsvqj0uptv.jpg

This is how I mounted my TK102b.

Take care, fly safe!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member