TK-102 Tracker Issues

Reaction score
I just received my TK-102 kit (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FY ... UTF8&psc=1) and am having some issues. It appears to be a true TK-102 (photo comparison with the fakes), however it's not in a white box, as shown in the amazon pic. It's a blue box with no model numbers listed.

For starters, the thing stays warm from the minute it's turned on, until the battery dies about 3 hours later. Obviously something is not right because my cell phone is never warm, and battery life should be much longer than 3 hours!

The other issue is getting an accurate fix, after the first one. Instructions say that for initialization/startup, to send "#begin#password#". That works fine, and is returned with "begin ok". I then send "#smslink#password#" and the current location/coordinates are returned. And it's really accurate. Great! I drove about 5 miles and sent "#smslink#password#" again, however it returned the original location. I drove another 5 miles, same thing. It returns a current time stamp, just not the current/accurate coordinates. The only way for me to gather the current location is to send the initialization command again, which doesn't really work because it clears out any settings.

I also can't get auto-track to work. I've tried "#fix#030s#004n#password#" in order to get 4 locations in 2 minutes, but I get no response.

I know there are many people that can't get these to work because of not following directions, but I'm confident that I have. And the fact that it's staying warm and dying quickly tells me something.

Any insight?

When i switch my TK-102 tracker unit on, I get multiple smses with its location. This would use up my data on the tracker sim in no time. I followed the instructions to cancel autotrack, I sms "notn+password" (notn plus my password) to the tracker number and keep getting a "command Error!" message reply. Did you have this prob as well @djmt99? Anyone else have this prob as well?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31