Titan?

Is this the video that got DJI all hot and bothered on FB? What happened over there? Other than their totally not surprising selective support and censorship.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Is this the video that got DJI all hot and bothered on FB? What happened over there? Other than their totally not surprising selective support and censorship.

Yes correct. And then I was contacted by a DJI employee and threatened with being "investigated" if I "kept it up".

My wife is obviously very upset at having our family threatened by a major Chinese organization.

Published on Oct 27, 2015. The New TITAN Long Range Setup***First of its Kind***For the DJI Inspire / Phantom 3 / Matrice Please Visit Us at www.fdrdronemods.com

Cool!!;-)

RedHotPoker

In the US I don't think they looked or listen to this :
Model aircraft operations are for hobby or recreational purposes only.

The FAA has partnered with several industry associations to promote Know Before You Fly, a campaign to educate the public about using unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly. Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
The statutory parameters of a model aircraft operation are outlined in Section 336 of Public Law 112-95 (the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012) (PDF). Individuals who fly within the scope of these parameters do not require permission to operate their UAS; any flight outside these parameters (including any non-hobby, non-recreational operation) requires FAA authorization. For example, using a UAS to take photos for your personal use is recreational; using the same device to take photographs or videos for compensation or sale to another individual would be considered a non-recreational operation.

What part of keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times did They not understand?

What part of keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times did They not understand?
I'm sure they understand. But they're also trying to make a buck. Tobacco companies still sell cigarettes even though the Surgeon General suggests that you shouldn't smoke.

Reactions: tomasallan
Might be but the cigarettes were around before the surgeon general made that statement. The FCC guidelines were already there. Just a moot point but I understand. Same as when I was in the Marines in Vietnam in 1964 the government gave us a pack of cigarettes with every C ration and while in combat at base camp they gave us two beers a day. Same scenario ... Cancer and alcoholism was it promoted by the government.... Hmmmm still doesn't make it right.

I can buy a Porsche 911 that does 193mph.

Where is it legal to drive 193mph? Nowhere but a track.

Why do people buy it then, to drive it on the track? No. Because it's cool.

And can go 193mph.

I guess it cool then to own a Phantom that can go several thousand feet in the air but we are only allowed 400 ft is the US. It's amazing what we can do and then what we are suspose to do.

We are a free society. Free has different connotations. We are even free to break the law however we must be prepared for the consequences of exercising freedoms that contravene societal regulation.
That's just a fancy way of saying, buy whatever you want, but if you use it and we catch you breaking a regulation, you are going to lose some freedoms or some cash.
I have two cars capable of 180+ and a Land Rover capable of driving through any National Park without fear of bogging down. I also have a stock P3P that is capable of miles of flight in about any direction.
It is VERY cool to have all of them but I am also VERY well versed in the regulations governing the use of each and the consequences of failing to follow the regs as well as the consequences my "illegal" acts may have on others. I will exercise MY freedoms accordingly.

BTW the ad is tres cool!!! Unfortunately it reinforces every negative stereotype about drones and their incursion into daily life.

Currently, there is no FAA rule that requires line-of-sight, below 400 ft or less than 55 pounds.
Section 336 of the FMRA is not law. In Perez v. Mortgage Bankers Association (March 9 2015), the Supreme Court held that agency interpretations of statutes and regulations are not legislative rules. The Court further held that as non-legislative rules, agency interpretations do not have the force and effect of law, and only indicate to the public what an agency perceives the law to be. An NPRM and comment period are still required to create enforceable rules. The Part 107 NPRM was that process. When it is finalized sometime next year, the limitations in Section 336 will be codified in the rules.

Some people define "line of sight" as "using a spotter with binoculars". One of the reasons the Los Angeles law is specifying "must not use binoculars, spotters or other".

I only fly line of sight because I'm terrified the thing's going to malfunction again and crash. Don't want to be somewhere I can't walk to get it.

Some people define "line of sight" as "using a spotter with binoculars". One of the reasons the Los Angeles law is specifying "must not use binoculars, spotters or other".

I only fly line of sight because I'm terrified the thing's going to malfunction again and crash. Don't want to be somewhere I can't walk to get it.

The new rules will probably take that into effect as well because the 333 Exemptions state something like "Unaided eye excluding glasses" or something worded similar to that.

Am I the only one puzzled by the trailer? It showed a map of the US - and a trajectory going over different states... Almost from one side of the country to the next! Even if you had a transatlantic antenna that would allow travel of this nature .... How far can you really go in max 23 mins of battery life?

We all know that the real restrictions to the P3 come with the range /battery ratio not necessarily the signal ratio.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4