Tips for new Phantom 3 Pro owner

DO NOT DO THIS. learn to fly and don't buy these death traps. If you follow the rules and learn to fly properly, you won't need them and you will do it the right way. I mean, who in the hell wants to go into a flight thinking well, when I do crash, at least I might save a $2 prop, maybe. Not to mention your footage on full speed shots will be useless. I know, I know cue the people who hate me for hating them. I'm sorry, it's my passion to not like them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HAHAH, look to each their own. I'm just looking for ideas people have and use and make my own decisions then. For some guards are a good idea, for others not. Personally for my pro photography its probably a no as I dont want to risk getting them in a shot. But others with safety concerns is a must.
I must admit I have seen more tree hangups due to prop guards than without but is that a good catch or a pain to have to climb a tree. Dont know. lol

Hi everyone,
Just purchased a new P3P and was hoping the forum can help me to compile a list of things to do and not to do.
Things like, Ground station is coming soon, should I or should I not upgrade the firmware to the newest version etc etc.

There is a wealth of knowledge here, be great to hear all your do's and dont's

Regards

I tried to curate some of the bigger hints and tips for the P3 in a thread......
http://www.droneflyers.com/talk/threads/phantom-3-hints-tips-and-fixes.969/

No flip of death with P3......or at least not a lot. Don't use the CSC when landing to cut motors - just throttle down. I think some people said they flipped or leaned forward doing that.

for the love of God, DON'T UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE!
Do not listen. Most pilots are happy with new update, just disable VPS. Some bugs were fixed for sure. Engines are louder, which means more power goes there... why? I have no idea - may be it became more stable after that. I am on new update. I have better transmission and do not have any pop-up messages, or errors messages. I think it depends on P3P serial number. Mine is lucky 13-13.

Reactions: terry s
In my case, I had to learn to fly by looking at the screen. Instinct for me was to keep my eyes on the Phantom. I quickly discovered my depth perception at 50 yards was not great when I bumped into a brick building (prop guards saved me!) At 200 yards, I could not tell which direction I was facing and had trouble rotating to the heading I desired. Now I watch the screen more than the UAV.

Do not listen. Most pilots are happy with new update, just disable VPS. Some bugs were fixed for sure. I am on new update. It is better.
So now, someone tells him to not upgrade and then someone else tells him to go ahead--rather confusing to someone asking for help-- the safe thing to do at this time is not upgrade yet, if you are on 1.1.9. There are no known serious issues with this version of the firmware-- the verdict is still out or when the fix all upgrade will be released.

Just be patient about upgrading to 1.2.6-- it is not worth the risk at this time IMHO

Pay attention to your map and compass. I've found that using that over the FPV has gotten me out of more jams than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now, someone tells him to not upgrade and then someone else tells him to go ahead--rather confusing to someone asking for help-- the safe thing to do at this time is not upgrade yet, if you are on 1.1.9. There are no known serious issues with this version of the firmware-- the verdict is still out or when the fix all upgrade will be released.

Just be patient about upgrading to 1.2.6-- it is not worth the risk at this time IMHO
How come. You say - do not upgrade, just because it is you? I say upgrade as I talked to DJI and they said "If something goes wrong - DJI will not do anything, if you are on old firmware.

How come. You say - do not upgrade, just because it is you? I say upgrade as I talked to DJI and they said "If something goes wrong - DJI will not do anything, if you are on old firmware.
I don't post to argue a pointless opinon, only to try to post sound advice. There is little or no chance of developing a problems that are causing critical flying and camera issues with 1.1.9 because they dont exist-- while at the best there is a chance of 1.2.6 displaying some of these issues that are being talked about or discussed on several forums and that DJI acknowledges that they are working on an update to try to get rid of these issues and so everyone that has invested in this great drone product is operating on the same firmware version with no issues...
Cheers-- happy flying and have a great day!:)

Reactions: ScottyT
I don't post to argue a pointless opinon, only to try to post sound advice. There is little or no chance of developing a problems that are causing critical flying and camera issues with 1.1.9 because they dont exist-- while at the best there is a chance of 1.2.6 displaying some of these issues that are being talked about or discussed on several forums and that DJI acknowledges that they are working on an update to try to get rid of these issues and so everyone that has invested in this great drone product is operating on the same firmware version with no issues...
Cheers-- happy flying and have a great day!:)
Thanks guys, you have both aired valid comments, nothing more needs to be said, its again up to the individual and I thank you both for participating.

Reactions: bobmyers
I have noticed some carbon fibre one up on ebay as well starting they are also DJI 9540. recommended or avoid?
If you like the look then yes. As far as performance, I honestly don't find much of a difference. I have even done a comparison inside a gym just to see how they both worked, at least to me, just the same. Now having said that for strength and longevity, I'm sure the carbon ones will last longer but again, as far as performance, I honestly didn't find much difference. Though the Carbon Fiber is cooler, even just to say " I have Carbon Fiber props" in some small way is just a little more satisfying.
If you are really wanting a difference, look into T-Motors from Antigravity. They look awesome and from what I've seen in the YouTube videos add a lot more performance, check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Too bad they are only carbon fiber reinforced props and not of actual carbon fiber design. Being a composite material, I often ponder just how much of the desired carbon fiber went into their construction. ;-)
An intelligent lab analysis would be wonderfully helpful. Ha

RedHotPoker

Put that on your do too, to do list. ;-)
Send it back under warranty, for free shell replacement.
Contact @dji for a shipping label.

RedHotPoker

Put that on your do too, to do list. ;-)
Send it back under warranty, for free shell replacement.
Contact @dji for a shipping label.

RedHotPoker
Thank you for your reply; Do you happen to know how long the warranty repair/replacement process generally takes?
Thanks!

You will find out better once you know where to send it, on the shipping label. If you're lucky you may have a service centre near you. Turn around may only be a week or two. Hard to give an exact known time. If real lucky, You may also receive a prepaid fed-ex label to send it to them. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj