tiny tracking device

funny you should mention it. I was one of the first to back them (I love indiegogo and have probably backed over 200 things) and I got an email yesterday that said the following. Which is really strange because I have never heard of this issue and for the most part, I've gotten my items within a month or 2 of when they said they could deliver it. It sounds to me like they haven't even gotten close to beta testing yet. Its too bad. I did the $676 quad perk deal. It might be $676 I never see again. I should have bought a tracker for my money.

Update

Our campaign ended more than 6 weeks ago and as of today, we still have not received the funding from Indiegogo and this is causing a delay with our project. Apparently, this is due to incorrect banking information which we supplied. However, upon speaking to our bank, they informed us that there are 2 ways to transfer funds on a domestic basis (within the USA) - via ACH transfer or domestic wire, both of which use different routing numbers. However, Indiegogo do not disclose which method they use on the campaign funding information page so one has to guess. It turns out that we we submitted the domestic wire routing number whereas Indiegogo actually use ACH transfers for disbursing funds.

Although the design of the Retrievor looks simple ,it is a very complex device to build and we are solving problems as they occur. Once our formal testing of the PCB is complete we will assemble the PCB's into enclosures for functional testing. Once we reach this stage we will post images of the device and showing the components within the Retrievor casing.

Once we are in receipt of the campaign funds from Indiegogo we can progress with our project and we will update you accordingly.

We want to give a special thanks to everyone who has supported our project so far.

I realize it didn't go through, but perhaps with the popularity of rc toys (that fly away) and smart phone apps., they can try it again with better results.

I think the problem is funding and cost. I think its going to cost more than they thought and $87,000 just isn't enough to get it off the ground. Its a great idea but to make sense you need to mass market to everyone. It has great applications for the phantom but we are no a big enough market for them to produce something just because of us. Kids on the other hand, are. Strap one to little Johnny and make sure no one steals his *** on the walk home from school.

I used to feel 'safe' backing projects on Indiegogo, but recently I backed a project (rocketdroid pc) that turned out to be a scam that somehow gotten through Indiegogo's review process 4 times(!).

Even more outrageous was the fact that the campaign owner was given free reign to censor their comment section. So they could weed out all negative comments questioning their project and just keep the neutral\positive comments. It crippled the community self-reviewing process.

Be wary of the 'flexible funding' loophole, since all pledges made under this model are supposedly immediately transferred to the campaign owner.. and I've also found out that Indiegogo receives a financial benefit from campaign running Flex Funding model that doesn't reach their goal:

http://support.indiegogo.com/entries/20 ... le-Funding (additional 9% fee if they don't reach their goal).

Nowadays I just look for projects under kickstarter because they have a much more stringent review process, and there hasn't been comment-censoring issues on it. I've backed over 400 projects on kickstarted and have gotten better completion\delivery rate there than indiegogo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31