tiny rock stuck in motor. should i worry about it?

Reaction score
hi guys.

today i was flying over a gravel path and when landing the quad flipped and ended upside down (motors facing down), i turned off motors did a quick inspection and didn't notice anything unusual, however when i turned motors again one of them didn't started and i noticed a tiny rock (gravel) was stuck inside the motor.

i tried to manually spin the motor and i found it difficult, however i turned on again the motor and it worked (i flied for about 20 more minutes). i know the tiny rock is still inside the motor, so my question is:

should I worry about the rock?
is there any chance that once the motor is spinning the rock causes it to stop with fatal consequences?

thanks for your help.

chapsrlz said:
is there any chance that once the motor is spinning the rock causes it to stop with fatal consequences?

Yes...even if it doesn't jam the motor, it might end up damaging the coils which clould have the same nauseating result.

+1. Get the pebble out; I would not fly that motor at all until it's resolved and tested.

OI Photography said:
chapsrlz said:

Yes...even if it doesn't jam the motor, it might end up damaging the coils which clould have the same nauseating result.

oi photography
remember that stripped screw, well guess which one is :twisted:

thanks guys!

OI Photography said:

ElGuano said:
+1. Get the pebble out; I would not fly that motor at all until it's resolved and tested.

i managed to removed the stripped screw, opened the motor cleaned it up and guess the rock wasnt so tiny...

Attachments

• 2014-08-06 10.48.44.jpg
    2014-08-06 10.48.44.jpg
    833.9 KB · Views: 507
chapsrlz said:
i managed to removed the stripped screw, opened the motor cleaned it up and guess the rock wasnt so tiny...

Excellent! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our 2-for-1 special on solutions this week :D

Ahh yes, Herr Konze does have some videos that look very helpful. Of course he could be telling you how to cook a chicken for all I know of German :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31