Time Stamp

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just was sitting here wondering is there any way or a code of sorts that we could add to a file on our Micro SD cards so that for each picture or video a time stamp/date stamp would show on the actual picture or video? I know when I was messing around with smaller key chain type cameras with my foamies we could add a txt file to do this..
Not sure if that's applicable here or not?

For images the info is in the EXIF metadata. There are programs around that will burn it into the image if you so desire. For video the latitude and longitude of the start is recorded in a non standard metadata field. Offhand I don't remember if start time if there, however if you have a flytrex module and dashware you can overlay bucketloads of data on the video.

riblit said:
For images the info is in the EXIF metadata. There are programs around that will burn it into the image if you so desire. For video the latitude and longitude of the start is recorded in a non standard metadata field. Offhand I don't remember if start time if there, however if you have a flytrex module and dashware you can overlay bucketloads of data on the video.

Thanks for the reply, so in other words nothing I can do unless I add things. I mean not as simple as just adding some sort of file code etc?

Time/Date stamp is sooooo 1989. LOL!

As mentioned, it's in the EXIF and IMHO it always looks pretty cheap when the time/date is stamped on the photo.

FSJ Guy said:
Time/Date stamp is sooooo 1989. LOL!

As mentioned, it's in the EXIF and IMHO it always looks pretty cheap when the time/date is stamped on the photo.

Well its not so much to show in the photo or video for the viewer as its for my use. I take a lot of pics/video but don't always have the time to download them to my PC would like to have a way of imprinting the time stamp in the picture and video for later use then edit it out.

There are lots of image editing programs that will sort by EXIF date, even the windows image viewer in win 7 will show the EXIF date. I believe Picasa has the capability, I know all the Adobe products can.

riblit said:
There are lots of image editing programs that will sort by EXIF date, even the windows image viewer in win 7 will show the EXIF date. I believe Picasa has the capability, I know all the Adobe products can.

Yeah I was aware of that was just hoping it was do able I'll continue to manually add & remove when needed or upgrade to a better set up lol

Thanks for the reply

Don't know if this what you mean, If you use VLC for a video player you can turn on OSD and the time stamp and camera info will show on the video, just like closed caption.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj