Time lapse

5 seconds between shots and it was a little windy that day. Each picture plays for 0.4 seconds, it's over 230 individual shots.

Hei guys this guy (David Norrington) says he did this video with a drone hovering around 2m from the ground:

Do you think it's lecit? He said he used a Phantom 3 Pro, shot at 60fps and did just speed up like 10x in post production. I just did a test field and the drone is moving all the time and I don't have a nice stable time lapse like in his video.

What do you think?

Hei guys this guy (David Norrington) says he did this video with a drone hovering around 2m from the ground:

Do you think it's lecit? He said he used a Phantom 3 Pro, shot at 60fps and did just speed up like 10x in post production. I just did a test field and the drone is moving all the time and I don't have a nice stable time lapse like in his video.

What do you think?
I don't see how he could do it with a Phantom. Seemed like the videos were longer than battery life would allow. I could be wrong though.

Cool video anyways.

No. Different fps and different effect.
They are different and they look different.

Sped up video starts with about 30 pictures taken in a second and then sped up to show a long time frame very quickly. But you still see all 30fps.

Time lapse starts with about 1 picture every 5 seconds. BIG difference. What you see are large gaps in action in order to compress a long film time into a short displace. It's very jerky.
The process for time lapse is simply expressed as recording at a slower frame rate than the playback rate. There is no standard frame rate. It can be 1:2 or higher. You can talk semantics all you want, but if time is compressed, it's time lapse. I agree there is a big difference between seeing a flower open up in a second and traffic appearing to be going twice as fast. They are however both done using time-lapse. The speed difference is the goal and therefore, is the effect. Anything else is a byproduct of the process used to achieve it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randall Parsons
Near the end of the video I time lapsed the field. it was a 22 minute flight lapsed down to about 1 minute. The raw video was moving around all over the place so had to use Adobe after effects to stabilise the video which worked really well. So it turned out quite well.
Looked the the phantom 3 was locked into position.

Near the end of the video I time lapsed the field. it was a 22 minute flight lapsed down to about 1 minute. The raw video was moving around all over the place so had to use Adobe after effects to stabilise the video which worked really well. So it turned out quite well.
Looked the the phantom 3 was locked into position.
Looks good!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl