Time lapse

Yesterday, I was either watching a Vimeo or a Youtube video where a guy says he had spent 8 months developing what he calls "Satlapse." His video was really nice, appearing he had a very stable UAV parked over his subjects while taking conventional time lapse video.

I have so much wind in my area that I couldn't even think about replicating his work.

Isn't hyperlapse just a moving timelapse whereas in a timelapse the camera is static (or relatively static)?

i dont think you can take timelapse with p4? it doesent have a function to take pictures every x seconds does it?

Isn't hyperlapse just a moving timelapse whereas in a timelapse the camera is static (or relatively static)?
Correct, hyperlapse is more or less when the camera is moving during a timelapse. I think there was a video on the first page with the girl and the osmo.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

i dont think you can take timelapse with p4? it doesent have a function to take pictures every x seconds does it?
I think its in the menu when you tap the screen under the cam settings , i recall seeing a video with it as an option which ended up with me starting this thread. Like stated b4 im sure it wouldnt look as cool cause the drone is deff gona adjust with the wind etc. just got curious is all.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hold down the shutter button while in camera mode to find that feature.

If you speed up a video, that would give you the same results as a time-lapse. No?

yes but you are limited to the length of the video clip (and the P3 Battery of course)

I have a time lapse feature on one of my video cameras that takes a photos at pre determined times (2 - 3 - 10 - 30 second intervals) and you capture MORE time (if that makes sense) if you like and the subsequent video does not need speeding up

you get two different effects but the second way is TRUE time lapse, that was my point really hehehehe

:)

Not really ... I'm a big fan of time lapse but not of video sped up (hyper lapse). Time lapse usually covers a greater span of time.

ah should have read the thread before my notifications

what he said ^^^^^^^^

:)

Reactions: rhoffart
still cant find the option to set it to take pictures every x seconds. i set shutter speed and help down the button as suggested but no menu popped up.

still cant find the option to set it to take pictures every x seconds. i set shutter speed and help down the button as suggested but no menu popped up.

in the DJI Go app it's in the camera menu ... the quickest you can take a picture is one every 5 seconds. this will yield 120 images for 10 minutes of flying. When you create a time lapse at 24 FPS you will have a 5 second TL video. Even if you slowed it down to 12 FPS you end up with 10 Second TL video.

There is another option ... FPV Camera has a 2 second (jpeg only) setting that I have not tested yet. At 2 seconds per shot 10 minutes will yield 300 images. With 24 FPS you will end up with a 12.5 second TL video.

IMG_5339.PNG
IMG_5337.PNG

ah thats a shame it can only do JPEG for 2sec :( i usually like to edit in post otherwise they dont look too good. oh well ill just hold off in the hope they add support for RAW footage at faster intervals.

ah thats a shame it can only do JPEG for 2sec :( i usually like to edit in post otherwise they dont look too good. oh well ill just hold off in the hope they add support for RAW footage at faster intervals.
not really ... if you have 300 plus images and your going to make a time lapse video, jpeg is fine.

Here are some dronelapses (timelapses and hyperlapses) I've done with my P3Pro. There are 3-4 dronelapses in the video.

They were shot with Litchi, using slow speed waypoint and the Timer mode (only in Litchi Android for the Timer mode I think). You can go at around 3.8 sec in RAW without failed pictures, it depends on your SdCard. I have a sandisk exreme Pro 32Go. It's then stabilized in post with After Effects.

Here are some dronelapses (timelapses and hyperlapses) I've done with my P3Pro. There are 3-4 dronelapses in the video.

They were shot with Litchi, using slow speed waypoint and the Timer mode (only in Litchi Android for the Timer mode I think). You can go at around 3.8 sec in RAW without failed pictures, it depends on your SdCard. I have a sandisk exreme Pro 32Go. It's then stabilized in post with After Effects.

nice video :)

I captured a timelapse this weekend and will hopefully have it posted tonight. I'm sure there are programs to create a smoother lapse but I just used Windows Movie Maker.

I've played around with Hyperlapse a little, mostly in the day but I'm keen to do some night work.

I've found the best technique is to use Litchi.

I set my flightplan using the Litchi Mission Hub, send the P4 UP and then selected the Interval Mode and let is take pics every 1 second (or at whatever interval required) If shooting in Raw need to make interval around 8 seconds due to the larger file size.

Once done I use Lightroom and LR Timelapse to complete the video.

Here's my first attempt at a time lapse of cabin construction. I used Windows Movie Maker to create the lapse.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20