Time lapse from 100 feet

Reaction score
I filmed a time lapse of the sunset for about 20 minutes from 100 feet in no noticeable wind and it looked like the drone held position perfectly but the video wobbled and no amount of cropping gave me a video I was happy with. The pixel resolution was great. I tried to stabilize it in iMovie but it still wobbled and also had a loss of resolution.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to get around this?

I filmed a time lapse of the sunset for about 20 minutes from 100 feet in no noticeable wind and it looked like the drone held position perfectly but the video wobbled and no amount of cropping gave me a video I was happy with. The pixel resolution was great. I tried to stabilize it in iMovie but it still wobbled and also had a loss of resolution.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to get around this?
Sorry, no answer, but 20 mins?, how often did you take a pict to make your video?
Other than IMU Cal, and a Gimbal Cal, and there been some screws that have been loose on the gimbal that's all I got for know.

Rod

If I recall, the expected horizontal stability envelope is like 3ft or so. I don't think you can expect the Phantom to remain in the exact spot, with the exact orientation long enough to work well....just an opinion.

That said, I liked your video!

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

Yeah, it plays now, I have just been trying some sunset stuff, still curious how many pics made the video.

Rod

I shot it regular speed and sped it up. I might try time lapse next time round now that I know how to do it based on the thread link posted above.

I shot it regular speed and sped it up. I might try time lapse next time round now that I know how to do it based on the thread link posted above.
Thanks I see, you took a video instead of many photos, these time lapse postings are very confusing.

Don't read this one. :rolleyes:
Time lapse

Rod

I'd recommend a hyerlapse with the drone. See the description for information.

Hyperlapse would simply be a timelapse but the drone is moving slowly. In that it's moving slowly it's smooth and does not show those slight movements as when you try to get it to hold a perfect position.

Reactions: Trinimon and Jpk
Thanks, I new somebody would hand out a helping hand!

Rod

Last edited:
While your drone looks stationary, it's not.
Fix it in post flight editing.
You will have to crop a bit but it will look fine.

I'd recommend a hyerlapse with the drone. See the description for information.

Hyperlapse would simply be a timelapse but the drone is moving slowly. In that it's moving slowly it's smooth and does not show those slight movements as when you try to get it to hold a perfect position.

That's a pretty cool vid. How slow were you flying? Like crawl speed?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj