Time Between Flights

Reaction score
I saw this discussed on a thread about the Phantom 2, but not the 3. How often do you let your Phantom cool down between flights? Lets say I have 3 batteries, and fly consistently back-to-back. Is this more wear and tear on the motors than normal? or does it not really matter how many battery changes & flights you perform without a significant rest. Just curious, I'd like to add a fourth battery, but would I need to let the bird cool down anyway?

Most of the heat comes from the VPS (if activated) and Battery. If you fly without the VPS you should be able to fly non stop. Just know you should never attempt to charge the batteries when they're still hot and swollen.

Reactions: old_hat
Most of the heat comes from the VPS (if activated) and Battery. If you fly without the VPS you should be able to fly non stop. Just know you should never attempt to charge the batteries when they're still hot and swollen.

Thanks, good to know. I keep VPS deactivated...

@flyNfrank, I have a lipo battery not used for over a year, picking it up of late it appears swollen. What's your advice on its continued usage?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav