Tilted Horizon

Reaction score
Now I'm confused? What the hell is tilted horizon? If the earth slopes? Does that represent tilted horizon? Or is it when the camera isn't level thus making the picture look "tilted"?

It's when the camera isn't holding level. Often occurs in flight....starts off level, but when you yaw the aircraft it goes off.

Reactions: KingDad1985
In this video it looks like tilted horizon, but in the 2 screenshots both taken from same flight just pointed at different area it looks fine. Is it the land that's sloped or is my gimbal off?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my SM-T710 using PhantomPilots mobile app

To me in the video/pictures looks ever so slightly tilted to the right. If there is significant contours/terrain in the background then yeah sometimes it can appear tilted when it is not. Especially with mountains/hills like your second pic where it is only slightly off. Wind has a big influence and during your flight as the craft changes its heading the wind impacts the gimbal from a different angle and this is why during longer filters often there is a difference in tilt at the start/end of the video. You can easily correct using settings in DJI GO 4

To me in the video/pictures looks ever so slightly tilted to the right. If there is significant contours/terrain in the background then yeah sometimes it can appear tilted when it is not. Especially with mountains/hills like your second pic where it is only slightly off. Wind has a big influence and during your flight as the craft changes its heading the wind impacts the gimbal from a different angle and this is why during longer filters often there is a difference in tilt at the start/end of the video. You can easily correct using settings in DJI GO 4
Thank you for that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.