Tilted Horizon After IMU calibration

I just wanted to post this to let the world know that I still have tilted horizon after trying EVERYTHING. I'm scared to send it to DJI because I don't want a 'refurbished' P4Pro or for them to 'repair' it all to have the same problem or for it to have a new problem in addition to the tilt when I get it back.

I'm just complaining - I don't expect anyone to offer a new solution :)
The next P4P firmware update, currently in Beta, fixes the horizon drift.
Patience, Grasshopper. :cool:

Last edited:
Have you tried asking for the beta firmware on the dji forum? There is a post about it and members are very satisfied with it. I'm one of them.

Have you tried asking for the beta firmware on the dji forum? There is a post about it and members are very satisfied with it. I'm one of them.
Rumor has it that gimbal flips are more frequent with the Beta, even though the horizon stays level. Have you seen that?

Rumor has it that gimbal flips are more frequent with the Beta, even though the horizon stays level. Have you seen that?

I never experienced gimbal flips in about 90 minutes of filming, but soneone on the thread says he did, i dont fly the drone in windy conditions

I never experienced gimbal flips in about 90 minutes of filming, but soneone on the thread says he did, i dont fly the drone in windy conditions
It does not need to be windy for the gimbal flips to occur. Sharp left turns are the usual trigger, like during a counterclockwise orbit or going around a left corner. Flying with obstacle avoidance off is another trigger, as they usually happen at speeds above 30mph, but on bad gimbals, I have seen it at lower speeds, too. Flying in Sport Mode will virtually ensure them happening in sharp left turns, or even gentle ones. Not fun!

I just wanted to post this to let the world know that I still have tilted horizon after trying EVERYTHING. I'm scared to send it to DJI because I don't want a 'refurbished' P4Pro or for them to 'repair' it all to have the same problem or for it to have a new problem in addition to the tilt when I get it back.

I'm just complaining - I don't expect anyone to offer a new solution :)
Every time I've sent my drone in for warranty repair to DJI Carson/Cerritos, CA they have replaced it with a new unit, no refurbs. Even my P4 that was 362 days old, and it only had a cracked shell, they replaced the whole drone. I'm wondering if they ever repair anything at DJI CA. I've never been disappointed in what I got back, but it can take 2-4wks, depending on where you live.

Lets cross our fingers for a firmware fix, alleviating the dreaded DJI service wait. I want my MTV, and my drone, all the time.

Is there also going to be a new firmware for the Phantom 4 (not the pro or advanced)
I believe the P4 is officially discontinued, so other than bug fixes, and something that gives DJI more restrictive control over your ability to fly, consistent with their goal of only licensing the use of their drones, subject to their whim of restrictions, likely not. DJI now wishes to exercise complete control over every drone they sell. You no longer own it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.