Tilted Gimbal?

Reaction score
Hey,
I recently had a crash where the drone dropped 30m after hitting a tree. Fortunately, there was no damage on the body except scratches and dirt marks everywhere. Although the gimbal ripped completely off. I managed to solder the cables back and attached it, but noticed that the gimbal tilts when off (like in the photo?)
Just wondering if this is normal due to gravity? When its on, it even's itself out but when off its always tilted like 30 degrees

ALSO - I'm sorta still new to drones and all, and after my crash, is there a guide I can follow to make sure everything is working 100%? Like making sure the motors, sensors are all working?'

Thanks!

When your drone is turned off, it is normal for the camera and gimble to be tilted. As a matter of fact, when it's off it will be totally limp and movable by hand.

Give your propellers a hand spin to make sure they spin freely and don't make any noises, except for a quiet Whirring sound if you spin them fast. Power everything up and check the status on the GO app. It will tell you if it detects something wrong.

You may want to do a compass calibration and even an IMU calibration just to be sure. Follow the instructions for both to the letter!

Your first flight afterwards should be a simple hover a few meters off the ground near you. Make a short flight to test the controls and the drones behavior. If it hovers in GPS mode and holds position, and the flight controls are behaving normally, you should be good to go.

Your first flight afterwards should be a simple hover a few meters off the ground near you. Make a short flight to test the controls and the drones behavior. If it hovers in GPS mode and holds position, and the flight controls are behaving normally, you should be good to go.

Okay sweet!
Also not too sure if its just the fact that I live in a high magnetic area, but I noticed after the crash every time I calibrate the compass/gps, i'm only getting like 3-5 GPS Satellites.. Nothing more. And which doesnt let me use many of the features.. Could this be a fault or just coincidence of where I am located? Haven't had time to test the GPS in an open field yet

Then you must be flying mostly in ATTI mode. With very few satalites to guide you home. Is the drone recording a home point before you take off? If not, that can be very dangerous flying, as you could easily lose the drone, if contact to the RC is ever interrupted, during a flight.

Yes, Definately go to an open, non congested area, to enjoy mostly trouble free flying.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Great_Lakes
Okay sweet!
Also not too sure if its just the fact that I live in a high magnetic area, but I noticed after the crash every time I calibrate the compass/gps, i'm only getting like 3-5 GPS Satellites.. Nothing more. And which doesnt let me use many of the features.. Could this be a fault or just coincidence of where I am located? Haven't had time to test the GPS in an open field yet
Check your GPS chip. It's taped to the top part of the shell. Under the shield. Sounds like you may of cracked the ceramic antenna. If your only getting 3 & 5 satellites. Check on youtube about fitting the Problem. Using more shielding,covering the wiring, or even replacing the ceramic antenna. I was having problems with my GPS only getting 9 best. Where others was getting 13. I replaced the ceramic antenna and now easy 10 or more.

When ever I check my Satalite connections, while flying outdoors, I usually get 18-20. Even indoors I have connection to 10 or more. Wondering what areas you guys are flying, that you have so few?
Doing a cold IMU and gimbal calibration, may help straighten a crooked gimbal while in flight. But when the power is turned off, it will dangle freely. ;-).

RedHotPoker

When ever I check my Satalite connections, while flying outdoors, I usually get 18-20. Even indoors I have connection to 10 or more. Wondering what areas you guys are flying, that you have so few?

RedHotPoker
Sorry I did not notice which area this was in. I was talking about my P2. But still if his only getting 3& 5 specially a p3 there is a problem .

Same here Red. I usually have 18 outdoors and 8 - 10 when indoors (near an outside wall or window). I live in southern Michigan, out in the country with lots of wide open sky and few buildings.

Same here Red. I usually have 18 outdoors and 8 - 10 when indoors (near an outside wall or window). I live in southern Michigan, out in the country with lots of wide open sky and few buildings.
Ok great I won't hold it against you for being from Mich. I'm a buckeye :cool:

Hahaha, oh you American guys and your college football rivalries!! Settle down. Settle right down!! ;-)
I wish there was a proball, superbowl between Canada and USA.

You need to have proper multiple satellite connection for safe flights, and I advise not flying far from takeoff, with less than ten.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Great_Lakes
Hahaha, oh you American guys and your college football rivalries!! Settle down. Settle right down!! ;-)
I wish there was a superbowl between Canada and USA.

You need to have proper multiple satellite connection for safe flights, and I advise not flying far from takeoff, with less than ten.

RedHotPoker
Red would that be a Superbowl for hockey?
Most different check GPS chip.
Most of the time I'm for ASU now. But born a Buckeye.

Red would that be a Superbowl for hockey?
Most different check GPS chip.
Most of the time I'm for ASU now. But born a Buckeye.
Let's create a new game. Football, on ice. Hahaha heck half our late season, we are playing on frozen ground anyway. ;-) might as well flood the field and wear speed skates. Haha
Think Crashed Ice with inflated pigskin...

RedHotPoker

Let's create a new game. Football, on ice. Hahaha heck half our late season, we are playing on frozen ground anyway. ;-) might as well flood the field and wear speed skates. Haha
Think Crashed Ice with inflated pigskin...

RedHotPoker
Sounds like it has potential. Look at area football. The big this is 100 yards or 110 :D if I remember right.

In my arena ball, ladies would be the only refs. ;-)

And beer would be free, for anyone wearing a grill. Hahaha
Call your dentist today!! Eh? Ha

RedHotPoker

Hahaha, yes, I love a toothy grin!!
My ultimate reply, is just Too funny for words, placed here. Chuckles
image.jpeg

Ok, I'll bite.

Before we lose our baby teeth, this is how it looks, in our jaws.
Most people have never seen this, about themselves, or us.
image.jpeg

Smile!!

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20