Tilt wheel signal is crap!

Reaction score
Hi all, I just finished installing my H3-3D / Hero 4 Black. It seems when I turn the tilt wheel on the RC, the gimbal jumps down, then up, and vice versa. It looks like there are several dead spots on the potentiometer. Has anyone else seen this? Did you have to replace the pot, or could you just spray it with a little cleaner?

Thanks

Spudboy said:
Hi all, I just finished installing my H3-3D / Hero 4 Black. It seems when I turn the tilt wheel on the RC, the gimbal jumps down, then up, and vice versa. It looks like there are several dead spots on the potentiometer. Has anyone else seen this? Did you have to replace the pot, or could you just spray it with a little cleaner?

Thanks

Uninstall the RC1.1 < This is a must!!!
Download the RC1.2. Recaibrate all the sticks including the X1 Tilt dial, move it nicely up and nicely down.
Then Do the same in the Phantom Assist 3.6.

I am using RC1.2, but I did the calibration in Phantom Assistant only. I'll try doing the calibration in RC first and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks

Mako79 said:
Spudboy said:

Thanks

Download the RC1.2. Recaibrate all the sticks including the X1 Tilt dial, move it nicely up and nicely down.

Well RC1.2 doesn't calibrate the tilt wheel. But what I did see is as I get close to one end, all of the sudden the value jumps from -1000 to +1000, then back down as I continue to turn the wheel. I'm going to open the RC and take a look.

Spudboy said:
I am using RC1.2, but I did the calibration in Phantom Assistant only. I'll try doing the calibration in RC first and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks

Mako79 said:
Spudboy said:

Thanks

Hate when people don't listen.
Just move the x1 in the rc 1.2 calibration. It will fix it. Trust me.
You will be wasting your time opening up the remote control.

Mako's advice fixed it for me (weeks ago).

I did listen. You didn't state before to just move it in RC. You said to recalibrate it, and that can't be done in the RC!

Mako79 said:
Hate when people don't listen.
Just move the x1 in the rc 1.2 calibration. It will fix it. Trust me.
You will be wasting your time opening up the remote control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20