Tile locators...

Reaction score
Since BluTracker has just remained in a stagnant development phase, here's something else that could easily attach to a Phantom and help to find it if it gets away...

http://www.thetileapp.com/

At least its a lot cheaper, but it may also turn out to be something that never quite makes it to market.

They set a selfstarter goal of $20,000 but have already raised an incredible $372,000 or so, with a couple weeks remaining...
I guess that should be enough for the developers to hire someone to keep stringing customers along while they skip out with most of the cash. Isn't that what StickNfind has more or less done with BluTracker? hahaha

That's funny, I just ordered a set of 3 (+1) this morning when I saw it on Reddit! I hadn't thought about the Phantom (most likely for use on my wife's keys...), but that's a great idea.

Funny thing is this thing will likely send out some sort of radio signal that will cause you to lose control of the Phantom. At least you will find the bits and with some luck you can reuse the tile on your next multicopter to help crash and find it again and again

martcerv said:
Funny thing is this thing will likely send out some sort of radio signal that will cause you to lose control of the Phantom. At least you will find the bits and with some luck you can reuse the tile on your next multicopter to help crash and find it again and again

I've never read anything definitive stating that Bluetooth 4.0 would do so.

The main drawback I see at this point is that it only has a direct range of 50-150 feet to your phone, which is only helpful if you know which bush it came down in. After they have a few million of these things out there, you can detect it via other tile user's phones... but it's hard to say when that will happen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj