Tiger motors upgrade problems on Phantom 1.5

Reaction score
Hi there ,
I write this hoping to receive illumination.
Times ago ,following Dewey help (thank you) I made my Phantom conversion to 1.5 for being able to use P2 batteries etc...
I made the Sarawurth modification for the canbus and use iosd.
Till here all Ok , I flew many times with no problems (except the use of the tongr battery 5400 ,be away from the first version of this battery!!!)
Than I moved over and bought the t-motors mn2214 for be able to use the self thightening propellers.
I had to diverse the t-motors order as for Dewey due to the mis-labelled problem .
All ok than , motor tested ,directions OK, led check at the start OK , software all tested and Ok .
BUT....The Phantom take off and directly fly away so fast that I had to crash it down to stop it !
All the check was ok :full satellites , I did also compass calibration , checked the remote control via software.
I really don't have a clue where can be the problem .
I'm puzzled!!! don't know what to do ,and thinking to go back to the old motors.

Here the picture of what happens finally.
After few fly test with consequent crashes I ended up, after returned to the old DJI motors , to a spark on the MB before I could test the old motors back. Probably something that has to do with ESCs ? I don't know. I do have tested that connections with ESCs were correct.
Stealdesk asked about the behavior of the P into a Hover, and if the Sticks was in the center after the take off. Yes! I wasn't touching the Sticks after the take off ! but the P was going away without control.
The position of the burning lead me on a problem on the MB or maybe generated from a problem on one ESC , maybe during the solder operation I have damaged one of them? who know. I'm sure that I was enough rapid and not damaging the ESC board.
My knowledge of electronic ends here , so it's impossible for me to test the ESCs function.

Attachments

• burn.jpg
    burn.jpg
    932.8 KB · Views: 401

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20