Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Tiger Motors MN2214

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miskatonic, Oct 1, 2013.

1. miskatonic

I mounted some MN2214s on my Phantom today. I also gave it some 9.4 inch carbon fiber props. All I can say is wow! This is a huge improvement over the stock motors and props. With dual stock batteries I got around 20 minutes of flight time.

2. Kregh

Awesome...is that on a naked phantom?
    Gopro? Gimbal?

3. MrMediaGuy

I have the same setup, and it's great, but I always want to be sure people understand about the T-motors. The key benefit is that they are quiet, well-made, and permanently lubricated with ceramic bearings. But as for power and efficiency, it's really only a marginal improvement 5-10% at best. You might notice it, you might not. However they are much more efficient at turning the larger props than the stock motors are, so you get a sort of 1+1=3 synergy there with the larger CF props.

For me, the motor upgrade alone added no measurable flying time, but the CF props added perhaps 90 seconds to 2 minutes and a great deal more lift. If you use that lift to pick up another battery as the OP is doing, then I can see where 20 minutes would be possible on an otherwise unladen Phantom.

4. miskatonic

No gimbal and no gopro. I am not going to put a gimbal on it but I am going to run FPV through a Gopro.

5. Fdnyfish

I bought a set of Tiger motors last month. I have not installed them yet as my stock motors are doing fine since I got my phantom in May.

I figure 2 more months of flying before it gets too cold and windy here in Northeast PA.

I will install the motors as a winter project.

6. RedFishChaser

I added Tiger Motors and it's awesome.

I'll need to compare it against the std. motors on my other Phantom for power and noise difference.

7. miskatonic

It took me a good hour or two. I just cut the wires on the stock motors and soldered the tmotors directly to the cut wires. Good luck.