TIFU (Almost)

Reaction score
I crashed Saturday and broke the gray cable that goes from the motherboard to the gimbal. When I received the cable today I went to install it but it would only fit the connection on the motherboard. The connection on the gimbal just wouldn't fit. After cussing DJI for sending me a bad cable, I realized that I had left the old part of the connection in the gimbal for reference. I learned today that sometimes I need to take a step back, take a deep breath and think about the problem. Problem solved. So far the camera works and I will test fly it after it stops raining.

On another note don't be afraid to take your Phantom apart. I used this video and had no problems. Also I used these tools from Lowe's: this one and this one too. I needed both due to the included sizes of the bits and the size of the actual screwdriver body.

As I went along I took pictures of where the screws went and labeled them with the screw location, number of screws included, the type and size of the driver bit. I stored the screws in little zip-lock bags. This worked out well.

Hope this helps someone. Also I have only owned a Phantom for one week.

Reactions: Reed L
And how the heck did you crash? Ya gotta tell us that too ;)

When I changed out my P2v+ shell I bought a clear plastic box with adjustable dividers in it from Harbor Freight for $3.00. I put each different set of screws in different compartments and wrote on top of the lid with a black marker over each of these where they came from. Even though the new shell came with new screws, I could easily match up the old ones and see where the new ones go. Also take lots of photos of the inside to get the wire layout right.

Hahaha, welcome to the forum. A Funny story with a happy ending? Well yeah!! We should all be so lucky.

Reed, I Still wrongly see Alberta Canada in your Location. ;-)
I thought the abbreviation was Cal.? Anyway AB is our shortcut.

RedHotPoker

And how the heck did you crash? Ya gotta tell us that too ;)

I was making circles around a building. I started at about 50' and was using yaw and the direction stick to keep the building in focus. I guess as I was using the yaw I slowly kept lowering the aircraft. Stupid pole got in my way. I wish I had the video but I could not recover it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj