Thwarted by DJI Usb cable today.........

Reaction score
Drove 40 minutes to the place I had mapped out to fly today. Was excited as I put the props on, gathered my batteries, grabbed my fold up chair and headed over to my intended take off spot.
Noticed the wind was blowing a little harder than I expected but figured it was within reason so went through my start up sequence...and no connection.
Tried restarting everything multiple times. Still the no connection message on the app. Noticed when I started tablet app wasn't popping up by itself.
During my dejected drive home I pondered what had happened and my mind kept going to the DJI usb cable. I always noticed (and stupidly ignored) that the usb cable was never snug where it plugged into the tablet.
When I got home I swapped the dji cable with a spare and sure enough it plugged in tight and connected right away.
Lesson learned.....

Drove 40 minutes to the place I had mapped out to fly today. Was excited as I put the props on, gathered my batteries, grabbed my fold up chair and headed over to my intended take off spot.
Noticed the wind was blowing a little harder than I expected but figured it was within reason so went through my start up sequence...and no connection.
Tried restarting everything multiple times. Still the no connection message on the app. Noticed when I started tablet app wasn't popping up by itself.
During my dejected drive home I pondered what had happened and my mind kept going to the DJI usb cable. I always noticed (and stupidly ignored) that the usb cable was never snug where it plugged into the tablet.
When I got home I swapped the dji cable with a spare and sure enough it plugged in tight and connected right away.
Lesson learned.....
Good lesson. Thanks for sharing.

my dji usb cable was faulty from day one.. lucky i had plenty around... now i carry 2 in my bag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers