Thumbs down to DYS smart 3 axis gimbal

Reaction score
Might be just my bad luck but not remotely impressed with the DYS Smart 3 axis gimbal. The first one developed a fault early on where it flickered and crackled and threw up loads of errors when connected to the software. The footage suffered loads of vibration and jello. Though was prepared to spend time ironing out the vibration- having already balanced the props etc. But the replacement DYS arrived today and is already back in its box! It worked at first (while on the ground- never got as far as flying the Phantom!). Them I noticed that one of the screws holding the yaw motor to the top board was loose and not screwed all in. Took the gimbal off and tightened the loose screw, taking care not to overtighten. Refitted the gimbal and now the gimbal is not doing its bootup bleeps, activating the gimbal and giving me the static green led. Instead I get the red led (of death as I have seen it described on another forum! :( ) and after a few moments the gimbal goes crazy shaking around on its pitch & roll axis- but not the yaw axis- thats limp! Wished I had left that screw untighten now. Was it meant to be loose?? Although seeing a video of another DYS gimbal it was clearly tighten down on that one. Seems a very touchy and unreliable device and currently an expensive paper weight! :twisted:

bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav