Thrust Boosted Props?

Reaction score
"9450" props are all the same (other than the material they are made from). They are 9.4" inches long and have a 5.0" pitch.

The 9450s are thrust boosted compared to the 9443s.
If you have 9450s already then you good to go.

9443= 9.4 inches in diameter and 4.3 inches pitch
9450= 9.4 inches in diameter and 5.0 inches pitch

Well, there MUST be something different here. They are two different prices and two different stock numbers.

And both listed as 9450

The red striped 9450 Thrust Boosted 9" Self-Tightening Props for Phantoms from DJI consists of a set of two propellers. One clockwise (CW) propeller and one counter-clockwise (CCW) propeller. By using a second generation airfoil designed with computational fluid dynamics (CFD), the 9450 provides extra thrust and better power efficiency that the 9443s. Thanks to this increased thrust, performance is significantly improved when flying a heavy-loaded Phantom, especially during quick maneuvers and descent.

9450 provides extra thrust and better power efficiency than the 9443
Self-tightening design avoids prop becoming loose during operation and potentially flying away
Each propeller is made with plastic construction

I read the description and I don't care how it compares to the 9443 which is the only thing the description compares it to. I don't use 9443 and I don't think you can (but maybe) use them on a P3. What I care is how are these two products different (if at all) which both carry the 9450 designation, at two different prices with two different descriptions.

What I am asking is whats the difference between the two that I LINKED in the OP.

Well, there MUST be something different here.
I believe CP.EP.000022 was made for the P2 and CP.PT.000195 was made for the P3. You can compare both, but you won't notice a difference. My advice is to buy the CP.PT.000195 props since they are less expensive.

Last edited:
If one has metal hubs (P2) it should not be used on a P3.

Possibly the price difference the OP is concerned with.

I believe CP.EP.000022 was made for the P2 and CP.PT.000195 was made for the P3. Either props can be used on the P2/P3 though. You can compare both, but you won't notice a difference. My advice is to buy the CP.PT.000195 props since they are less expensive.

K. Thanks Mike. Just seems odd that one is twice the price of the other if they are the same prop. I was looking for an extra set for dye testing.

I only had one prop I could chop up for test swatches (from a P2 at work). I couldn't bring myself to chop up an undamaged prop. Wish I knew someone close who had some busted props.

If one has metal hubs (P2) it should not be used on a P3.

Possibly the price difference the OP is concerned with.

Price, yes, and two different stock numbers. But what lead me into it was the "Thrust Boosted" title. I was curious if it had any improvement over the stock ones shipped with the P3P. Problem was they didn't mention anything about the other 9450 on either product.

Just seems odd that one is twice the price of the other if they are the same prop.
As N017RW noted above, the CP.EP.000022 props might have metal hubs. If that's the case, you do not want to use them with the P3.

I was curious if it had any improvement over the stock ones shipped with the P3P.
You won't notice a difference when comparing various composite 9450 props. Some people claim there is a slight difference when using the carbon fiber reinforced 9450 props though. Your mileage may vary.

As N017RW noted above, the CP.EP.000022 props might have metal hubs. If that's the case, you do not want to use them with the P3.

I will probably go for the cheap $6 ones. Curious though, whats with the metal hubs being a no-no?

The braking feature of the P3 motors may cause metal hub props to spin off. The P3 proper props have a composite hub providing more 'grip-tion' to prevent or reduce this possibility.

whats with the metal hubs being a no-no?
There are people using them on their P3s with no trouble. But, it's better to be safe than sorry.

The braking feature of the P3 motors may cause metal hub props to spin off. The P3 proper props have a composite hub providing more 'grip-tion' to prevent or reduce this possibility.

Right on! Thanks. Normally the connotation of metal vs plastic usually means metal is better. Might not be the case here :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1