Throw my P2V+ away or what to do?

Reaction score
So today I crashed my P2V+.. really bad. The landing gear broke and some props but the most critical is that the gimbal is dead. I tried opening it and have a look but I think it´s gone. I testet the bird with new props, did a calibration and it works 100%

So my question to you guys is what to do now?

- Buy a new gimbal and use my GoPro (pros/con? is it even possible?)
- Sell the drone and gimbal as spare parts and buy another drone
- Sell the drone as functional but without gimbal and buy another drone
- Buy another used P2V+
- Buy a new P3?

I had a P2V+. I really loved it. I sold it and bought a P3P during black Friday window. This is a huge upgrade. Basically, you will get a very good quality camera, much longer range to fly with FPV, and quicker set up to fly ( don't need to wait for WiFi etc).

Hmm, you are going to make me spend money before x-mas :)

Question.. Is it possible to install a GoPro gimbal on the P2V+ with the cables and stuff used for the onboard cam/gimbal? If so I guess I could get a used gimbal and sell the WIFI extender and then use/sell the drone with the other gimbal. Will the gimbal dial work? Sorry for the stupid questions here but I´m new in the DJI world

Edit: In my country it looks like the x-mas deal for P3 + hard case is as good as the Black Friday offer?

Hmm, you are right, guess I just have to buy a P3 and sell the old one as spare parts.

Lessons learned.. expensive lesson but never the less

Out of curiosity what sort of prices are folks getting their used P2V+? I take a peek at ebay every once in a while and the prices are all over the place. I wouldn't mind selling mine and upgrading the the P3A.

Out of curiosity what sort of prices are folks getting their used P2V+? I take a peek at ebay every once in a while and the prices are all over the place. I wouldn't mind selling mine and upgrading the the P3A.

funny you asked,
about 3 weeks ago I had just got a used / refurb p3a from B&H for 750.

I posted My vision plus, 3 batteries , backpack, props etc. at 650 on craigslist.
I dropped to 590 just to get under 600 since I new after xmas many would be sold/returned
had a few questions over the weeks about it but on Christmas mornimg I had 5 or 6 emails, most serious.

First guy showed up Yesterday with cash in hand and was thrilled to get a great quad for a great deal.
I ended up upgraded for not much more.

Both happy!

Since I started the thread, I ended up selling my P2V+ with broken cam/gimbal as spare parts online (a Norwegian site like ebay/craigslist etc) and ended up getting the same as I paid for a fully working drone (mind you, I bought my second hand). Still got the WiFi extender left so could actually make some money on the crash :)

People crash and need spare parts and they dont come cheap, so most of the parts sold in just 2 days.

Reactions: kirk2579

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik