Throttle Stick is Spring Centered

Reaction score
Left stick (mode 2) is spring centered making fine throttle/altitude adjustments difficult. Is this controller designed as such? Any issues with removing the spring effect? Thanks for the help.

I wouldn't recommend removing the springs. The idea is if you let go of the sticks, you stop sending commands and quad just hovers. If you remove the springs, you'll have to make absolutely sure you can manually center the sticks or else you'll still be sending movement commands.

Your first sentence is incorrect.
I almost didn't say it, because I've never owned a Phantom 1 or a non-Vision Phantom 2.

I amend my original statement to say: the Phantom 2 Vision, the Phantom FC40, the Phantom 2 Vision Plus, the Phantom 3 Standard, the Phantom 3 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro all have self-centering sticks on both sides of the stock remote control.

It's clear that a lot of people just can't grasp why someone would want to disable the self-centering of the throttle. If you read the thread where the instructions are given for how to do it, you'll see the same thing, with people advising against it or simply not being able to grasp why you would want to do that.

Do I want to remove the throttle spring on my remote control? No I don't. But can I understand why someone else might want to? Yes I can.

I almost didn't say it, because I've never owned a Phantom 1 or a non-Vision Phantom 2.

I amend my original statement to say: the Phantom 2 Vision, the Phantom FC40, the Phantom 2 Vision Plus, the Phantom 3 Standard, the Phantom 3 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro all have self-centering sticks on both sides of the stock remote control.
Sorry. I posted in the wrong place. I deleted it.

Reactions: Bigbells

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4