Throttle runaway

Reaction score
New user to Phantom 2 Plus Vision and this forum.
Replaced an ESC because I did not power off the motors after meeting with a branch. Other ESC's and motors appeared fine.
First flight, take off OK, advancing throttle, and once i got to perhaps 30% throttle, bird decided to increase RPM's drastically, on its own. I backed the left stick down to idle, and managed to steer the out of control bird into some trees. Motors were still racing when it hit the trees.
I anchored the bird on the ground, and the problem repeats: slowly advance throttle, and at about 30-40%, motors speed up dramatically. Going to idle on the left stick slowly brings the RPM's down again.
Love flying this drone, and hoping to get back in the air again ASAP.
Any suggestions?

Retraction, sort of. One thing i didn't mention is that I replaced the stock blades with carbon fiber while doing the ESC board replacement. Does that matter? Is there some power/torque/RPM curve memory in this bird such that with different blades it responds differently?
Anyway, I went for broke into a large open area, and went flying. It works fine! This machine is amazing!
John

I had major issues with rpms, altitude hold and lateral control with non OEM blades. So bad I thought I had a flight controller or sensor issue.

Soon as I reinstalled OEM, all was perfect again.

I won't make that mistake again.

Ditto. I had no clue changing props would be such a nightmare. I have OEM props on their way.

CF props not worth investigation in machine was tuned with the OEM props..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl