Throttle query

Reaction score
I have just received a P3 Standard and I found that the left-hand stick
engages at the bottom of its travel with a click. A slight push upwards releases it to
to return to the middle neutral position.
I can not any reference to it in the documents, so can anyone explain its purpose please?
Thanks
Adrian

Long descents I believe was the reason for this addition.

DO NOT WORRY... holding the left stick full-down will not cut off motors in flight as it does when the aircraft is stationary or landed.

I find it most useful when shutting the motors off. Left stick down and lock and I don't worry about letting it go too soon and having it power back up as I let go of the quad.

Reactions: N017RW
Thanks heaps fellas. Your info is much appreciated. I have flown mode 1 for 50 odd years, and I needed to change the new system to mode 1, so I really needed to know the implications about that lock. I will leave it for now, but its good to know it can be removed. I have upgraded from a P1.1.1 and I know from bitter experience that I can not handle mode 2 if things happen quickly!
Thanks again, Adrian.

Thanks heaps fellas. Your info is much appreciated. I have flown mode 1 for 50 odd years, and I needed to change the new system to mode 1, so I really needed to know the implications about that lock. I will leave it for now, but its good to know it can be removed. I have upgraded from a P1.1.1 and I know from bitter experience that I can not handle mode 2 if things happen quickly!
Thanks again, Adrian.

That lock is for fast descends but shouldn't be used for landings as it will hit ground to hard

Last edited:
That lock was on the P2V+ TX's and you don't have to take it out
Thanks again, Adrian.
If you do go in it's not necessary to remove that piece just pull up on it till the notch clears and you can always push it back down if you want to .

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic