throttle lock - any good reason?

Reaction score
Given that the P3S controller left stick happens to include a detent which makes it easy to lock the throttle down, and so makes it easier than it should be to shut down the motors by accident, I have to wonder if I am missing something. Does the lock actually serve some positive purpose? Or is it just an engineering oops?

Where did that nugget of knowledge come from? Did I miss something in the manual? I assume the other shut down (CSC) is not so limited, since it is billed as an emergency scram? Not questioning expertise - just a newbie curious about sources of interesting info.

Reactions: With The Birds
Only CSC will shut off motors regardless of the aircraft's condition such as in-flight and of course even accidentally (how would the aircraft know it was unintentional?). It is analogous to an E-stop.

Holding the left stick down will only shut off motors after the aircraft senses it is not descending (for 3 sec.).

The latching feature is to reduce fatigue during long descents.

So wait. You mean if I'm just doing a descent I CAN lock the left stick in the full down position? I always feared it would kill the motors in flight since I use this same feature to kill the motors once I'm able to hand catch it.

Correct.
Makes sense though, right?
If your commanding 100% full descent and the aircraft is stationary then it has landed.
This is the preferred way for all non-emergency shut-offs and avoids tipping which some experience when using CSC on the ground.
Be clear on this, You must take control before it hits the ground. Simply clicking the stick full down will not result in some type of auto-land function.

Be clear on this, You must take control before it hits the ground. Simply clicking the stick full down will not result in some type of auto-land function.
Well, it will sort of result in an auto-land.....just fast and hard...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: N017RW
Once DJI reduced the descent speed to prevent VRS (which occurs when you descend vertically into your prop-wash) they added this feature.
In calm conditions it's always a good practice to add some slight lateral movement or spin while descending to further prevent 'lingering' in your PW.

If you ever go into your TX and don't care for it it's east to disable that lock down .
I've done it to all mine and this is another TX but is the same thing .
V3 TX sticklock Mod

As dirkclod said, the P2 remote controllers are nearly identical. However, if you want to see the procedure for removing the throttle lock on a P3S remote controller, you can find it here.

Correct.
Makes sense though, right?
If your commanding 100% full descent and the aircraft is stationary then it has landed.
This is the preferred way for all non-emergency shut-offs and avoids tipping which some experience when using CSC on the ground.

It does make sense, but I'm not sure I have the guts mid-flight. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4