Throttle issue

Reaction score
Hey there, I got the phantom vision 2 plus. When lifting off it launches fine however, when trying to bring it down, it descends very slowly, especially while the throttle is at its limit. Is there anything I can do to make adjustments to this to make it react faster?

Thanks in advance.

I wonder if that means they are shipping with firmware 3.04 installed.
Fast descending is risky without forward movement so DJI have made it hard to do.

You could try shutting off motors and restart just before hitting the ground :p
(Seriously some do this from extreme altitude)
Alternatively don't go up so high, there's rarely any real need just because you can. :?:

Reverting to older firmware is possible but increasingly tricky and not to be undertaken lightly.
2 m/s is not that slow, you can drop 250 metres in 2 minutes and battery will not be used very quickly descending.

dstaclarke said:
Hey 4wd, thanks for the response. (The firmware isn't installed until you access it online).

Huh?

I does have firmware in it, maybe not the latest.

Depending on timing of shipment and revision release.

Or did I misunderstand?

The latest firmware 3.04 restricts descend to 2m/s which your copter most likely has. A solution to this without turning off the engines which seems dangerous is switching into manual mode. If you set the X2 switch to go to manual mode instead of fail safe you will be able to switch into manual mode. Manual mode will allow you to descend a lot faster then 2m/s, however I would suggest switching back into gps or atti mode before landing because it will be near impossible to land the copter in manual mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20