Throttle going bananas

Reaction score
On my F550 I've got the NAZA V2 w/GPS, and DEVO7 tx/rx. Got the setup for the radio from dealer (to setup FM switch and other correctly), F550 using original motors/ESC and 1045 carbon propellers. Checking/calibrating through NAZA software, everything seems to be normal and ok to go.
Out on the field, when pushing throttle over 50% to lift, immediatly pulling throttle back, the drone just shot up like a rocket. Fortunately I had set height limits to 300 meters, so it stopped there, and by using failsafe (on and off several times), I finally managed to land it with minor damage. The drone was simply not responding to throttlestick command, and I'm just glad I tested it in an open field, and not in my neighbourhood...........
Any experiences ? Ideas ?

Safe flying

tak004 said:
On my F550 I've got the NAZA V2 w/GPS, and DEVO7 tx/rx. Got the setup for the radio from dealer (to setup FM switch and other correctly), F550 using original motors/ESC and 1045 carbon propellers. Checking/calibrating through NAZA software, everything seems to be normal and ok to go.
Out on the field, when pushing throttle over 50% to lift, immediatly pulling throttle back, the drone just shot up like a rocket. Fortunately I had set height limits to 300 meters, so it stopped there, and by using failsafe (on and off several times), I finally managed to land it with minor damage. The drone was simply not responding to throttlestick command, and I'm just glad I tested it in an open field, and not in my neighbourhood...........
Any experiences ? Ideas ?

Safe flying

Check in the assistant to see if that channel is reversed. Do a stick calibration.

Did it continue to go up after you pull back on the throttle? I'm a little confused. It is a little tricky to get it under control once it gets stuck at the high limit but there are exact steps to follow. You may have to do a search in this forum to find thEM. I read somewhere that if you are using carbon fiber propellers you need to do an adjustment to your gains. Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hi all,
stick calibration done several times, and this was not first flight. Before I got this setup I was able to hover, with full control.... first time this happened, I used 1038 plastic propellers..... I asked for the setup to enable a full function FM switch on this particular radio. In NAZA software everything is calibrated, and seems ok, but in field it just won't respond to throttle-stick commands after take off........
FangsCPO; any idea where you read this about carbon propellers ? and yes, it just kept going after pulling back throttle-stick (and I pulled back immediatly after lift-off....)

tak004 said:
Hi all,
stick calibration done several times, and this was not first flight. Before I got this setup I was able to hover, with full control.... first time this happened, I used 1038 plastic propellers..... I asked for the setup to enable a full function FM switch on this particular radio. In NAZA software everything is calibrated, and seems ok, but in field it just won't respond to throttle-stick commands after take off........
FangsCPO; any idea where you read this about carbon propellers ? and yes, it just kept going after pulling back throttle-stick (and I pulled back immediatly after lift-off....)

i wish I could remember but I recall someone saying that after putting on Carbon Fiber props, they could never get their bird to fly right. As soon as they went back to stock props, all was well. Due to that, I've never installed carbon fiber props on my F550 but I did on my Phantom and it was no issues and it flew so much better in my opinion.

"i wish I could remember but I recall someone saying that after putting on Carbon Fiber props, they could never get their bird to fly right. As soon as they went back to stock props, all was well. Due to that, I've never installed carbon fiber props on my F550 but I did on my Phantom and it was no issues and it flew so much better in my opinion.[/quote]"

Just mounted the original 1038 stock propellers, and hope to test tomorrow or on monday. Also did a reset on the radio, and binded the reciever again. If this fligt goes ok, I will re-mount the carbons and do a flight with same radio settings. Will let you know the result :) thx again..

tak004 said:
"i wish I could remember but I recall someone saying that after putting on Carbon Fiber props, they could never get their bird to fly right. As soon as they went back to stock props, all was well. Due to that, I've never installed carbon fiber props on my F550 but I did on my Phantom and it was no issues and it flew so much better in my opinion.
"

fangsCPO, you were exactly right about the props :) . During Easter I got a complete setup both for TX and Naza-controller, and went out testing. With stock propellers (plastic 1038) it was flying smoothly and fully controlable. Changed to carbon 1045, same conditions, same field, and it again just went totaly wild......I've no clue why, but the only reason I can think of, is that there is some unbalance in one or more of the carbons, that makes the Naza MC misunderstand, and then starts over-compensating in some way.. Does that look like a possibility ?

Safe flying

tak004 said:
fangsCPO, you were exactly right about the props :) . During Easter I got a complete setup both for TX and Naza-controller, and went out testing. With stock propellers (plastic 1038) it was flying smoothly and fully controlable. Changed to carbon 1045, same conditions, same field, and it again just went totaly wild......I've no clue why, but the only reason I can think of, is that there is some unbalance in one or more of the carbons, that makes the Naza MC misunderstand, and then starts over-compensating in some way.. Does that look like a possibility ?

Safe flying

Any possibility that the Carbon Props are all the same when half of them should be for opposite rotation?

JTheed said:
tak004 said:

Safe flying

Any possibility that the Carbon Props are all the same when half of them should be for opposite rotation?

Hi, I've got three of each type, if one or more had been for opposite rotation, I think the drone just would have flipped. And I'm 110% sure all was mounted correctly :) I have a neighbour who is a technician for the RC-pilots who flies scala-models in championships, and he will now check the balance of each and every prop...... When I bought these (Bronto Carbon 1045), the dealer stated they were all balanced from producer----I doubt......

Safe flying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20