Throttle control

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 Sundance edition from DSLRpros.com it has the Futaba controller. after many successful flights I have had two crashes recently. Both instances appeared as though in stable flight that i just lost thrust power even with throttle stick full up and fell to the ground. This was full battery calm day around 25 feet off the ground moving forward. After the second crash i did a quick diagnostic and it seems as though when I start the phantom motors running now the blades do not increase speed till after the stick hits center point. trying to lift off at full throttle barely lifted me off the ground. I have been using the out of the box configuration for the phantom and the controller. I just ran the assist software and it performed two updated but this has had no change to the throttle control. Has anyone seen this type of issue or can you tell me what i may need to do to correct this and why it may have happened?

Appreciate any feedback that might help.

Sounds like OI has the right idea to me. But if it's any help, I have a later Phantom FC40 with the DJI Transmitter (5.8GHz). Both sticks are spring loaded to the center position, so I'm going to guess that the setup has defaulted to a similar stick position to the DJI transmitter settings. Have you tried contacting DLSR?

Talking of setups, (I haven't got my Phantom with me so can't check it myself) is there away to disable the motor shut off if you hold the throttle stick at the bottom for 10secs or more. It's a personal thing. It's just one feature I don't like, similar to the too many ways to stop and start the motors using both sticks together. One way would make me feel alot happier...
Kim..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik