Three questions… Tablet/phone? Cases? Batteries?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time posting. I've read a few posts in the past, but I need some help….
I am going to be getting a P3Advanced right away (as soon as the store gets them back in stock),

First question….
I was wondering what people use for their display on their controller.
I had heard its tough using an iPhone, due to the size. I have the iPhone 6.
So I am looking at getting an iPad mini for flying. But which one? What do you guys use? I am honestly torn between the mini2, mini3 or going balls to the wall and getting the mini4. Is it worth getting the mini4? If I went with the mini2 or mini3, I would just order it on Apple's refurbished website. Save myself a few extra bucks.

Second question….
What do you guys use for a case for your phantom3?
The front runner for me is the Nanuk 945DJI case (Nanuk 945 DJI™)
Storage for controller, extra foam protection for the camera, waterproof, 6 batteries. It looks sturdy. One of the biggest things for me though, is that the case has to be waterproof. Will be travelling in boats with it during the summer. Anyone own this case? What are your thoughts on it? Where did you order it from? (I'm in Canada, and it looks like I can't order it directly from them)

Third Question….
Can you interchange batteries? One of my buddies currently owns a P3Pro, and if we are flying together, could I use one of his batteries if needed? And visa versa?

Thanks

1 I use a ipad mini 2, Ellipsis 7 and just ordered a Nvidia Shield K1. Many use a IPhone, depends on you.
2 cases are a personal preference, do a search, there is a thread with a bunch of pictures and prices
3 Yes

1 I use a ipad mini 2, Ellipsis 7 and just ordered a Nvidia Shield K1. Many use a IPhone, depends on you.
I would end up using an iPad mini. Mainly due to the fact I can keep things across iCloud with it (I have an iPhone, a regular iPad (I don't remember which one), and a Macbook Pro.
I just don't know which one to go with. Apples refurbished prices for a 16GB wi-fi are $279CAD for mini2, and $329CAD ($50 increase) for mini3. And they don't have any refurbished mini4, so I will have to pay full price at $439CAD.

I like the mini 2 wifi-only, but have never tried the others

I use my iPhone 5s and iPad mini 2 with cellular. I found my iPad mini 2 on Craigslist for $100 and talked them down to $80. I would suggest one with gps so you can use all the features.

I use a Mini 4 WiFi. Great bright screen and powerful processor.
That case is all in, expensive. Beautiful. There are others that do the same for less.
Swap batteries at will.

SD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4