Three FLY AWAYS on one battery

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My Phantom arrived a few weeks ago and have enjoyed many flights without any problems. At the weekend I updated to the new software and 3.10 firmware, following the instruction on the DJI website. I also downloaded the new default parameters and carried out a FULL calibration & compass calibration and all numbers are with the recommended tolerances.

We have had some bad weather (UK) so wasnt able to test fly untill today, little to no winds, sunny and warm. During the flight it fly off on me three times! only control was throttle and the third fly way resulted in my first ever crash. I kept it GPS mode at all times and only enabled home lock when it flew off on me, my thinking to this was that no matter what back stick would bring it back closer. I would only use the failsafe as last resort!

I now feel very nervous about taking it out again, I do trully beleive the new firmware is the cause.

Your comments and thoughts are very welcome!

I have uplaoded the full flight to youtube and be viewed here http://youtu.be/hUnl7SpH1nE

Interesting... At first, around 02:30 I thought it was just prop-wash that was causing that wobble... Then when I saw it happen again, it brought back my experiences of when this happened to me.

By the time I got to the end of the video, I can confirm 100% that every single one of these behaviours happened to me in this flight: http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=564

Also, mine happened before the new firmware :!:

Maybe we can help each other here...

** Did you use a GoPro? (I did, and WiFi was off, but the recording stopped exactly the same moment as the wobble started)
** Was Gimbal tick-box activated on Naza Assist? (I know you weren't using a gimbal, but mine was activated but with no gimbal)
** Did you definitely turn the Tx on before the Phantom? (I'm not 100% sure if I did)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31