Three buzzes after ribbon replacement

Reaction score
I replaced the ribbon in my Phantom Vision 2+. All went fine until I fired the ol' girl up. It is now giving me three short buzzes. I have posted a video HERE. If anyone has any idea how to fix this or what I can do to fix this, it would be much appreciated!!!

Hello @haygun. It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.
Hopefully someone here can help you with your issue. ;)

What does the DJI vision app say??

This is exactly what mind did. I had 2 issues. the first that caused this trashing around was a bad ribbon cable. it was brand new but just never worked. I purchased a pair of amazon to replace it and you could feel they were thicker and that stopped the beeping. the thrashing was due to a bad controller board (the thing that tell the camera its level) have you checked the position of the spindle and that is has not popped out ?
Dave

Reactions: tomstr
...and I have exactly the same problem too so I'm dead curious to know how you get on!

I bought a drone used The guy took The camera and gimbal completely apart It needed a new ribbon so I installed it First time around The ribbon tabs or messed up had to send in for a new ribbonI installed the new ribbon Putting all the connections back Then I realized the guy that owned it before me didn't install the ribbon at the very top of the gimbal So I installed it Turned it on same beeps..Then I noticed the gray wire Coming from the Phantom to the gimbal That has 4 wires or 5 wiresThe pins are not all the way seatedSo now I'm going to replace the grey wires going from the gimbal to the Phantom that seems to be the problem I hope

three beeps means something with the actual camera (where the lens) module is wrong or the cable is not seated properly.

three beeps means something with the actual camera (where the lens) module is wrong or the cable is not seated properly.
Well i have the ribbon seated properly i hope..its missing the lock down latch.i used kapton tape to keep it on the camera board..i. noticed that when installing the camera cover it gets hot after a few min? I need a pic very close up to see it mabe its installed right...this has been a pain in the ***.because i cant seem to find the issue..also im loosing my wifi after binding.....

Without the plastics lockdown latch it won't work. That's your problem right there.

Without the plastics lockdown latch it won't work. That's your problem right there.
Only problem is were to get a holddown latch? It top of the gimble were the main connection the long latch is missing also..how whould apply pressure enough to make contact?

you can't. you have to have the plastic tab because it presses down the copper connectors inside when locked down.
without it, it won't work.

Ok i used the old landing gear black foam pads on both the camera and upper board on the gimbal..no beeping..yaa..now now the camera turns to the right i think the upper board needs adjusting..now i cant connect to the app because it will bind but right after that it says connecting on the wifi on the phone then dropps out just gos away..?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic