Threatened by DJI Employee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the right not to have someone post a link you don't like in your FB group. In fact they only added their FB group rule against posting anything regarding 3rd party products after this incident, so it wasn't against any rule they had posted at the time.

And if it had ended there with a "Sorry rules prohibit posting anything regarding 3rd party products", that would have been the end of it. Their group, their rules. If they disallow discussion of yellow canoes because Frank Wang had a bad experience in one when he was growing up, no problem, that's their prerogative.

But that's not what happened.

The true reason this post was disallowed, as the comments by DJI staff shows is something else entirely.

To attack with such vile and vigor the character of a small business obviously had nothing to do with FB group rules. The accusations were specific and targeted, maliciously intended to do harm. The defense in the last few days has been that they didn't actually post FDR's company name.

But it was perfectly clear as the post linked to the FDR video (bearing the FDR logo), and they DID in subsequent postings in other forums that have now been edited by DJI staff to remove any trace of their specific naming FDR independently.

But remember: the group was public with 1,500 joined members, and the group was linked to from the GO app, so who knows how many people saw this defamation of FDR for sure. The threat of having me "added to the investigation" was never intended to be made public.

It's disgraceful and FDR is probably now a dead company as a result. Families are probably impacted and DJI just goes on defiantly, defending that behavior.

If they can do it to one small business, they can do it to you.

What's stopping them exactly?

Ok. I tried.

So here's what I think: First, your post starts with the screenshot of your "conversation" with Ken Booth. He says "If you want to continue I will add you to the investigation, seems like you have something to gain by spamming." Does he say "we're going to drive by your home and threaten your family"? Did you even ask what investigation he was talking about? And in that initial screenshot, it looks like you were throwing jabs at them as well... do you think that MAYBE that prompted Ken's reaction?? "How about Tony...", "How about DBS..", "How about 20,000...". Seems like berating to me...

And you make a comment about small businesses and all that... Well, even though DJI isn't such a small business, don't they have to protect themselves as well? Frankly I don't care if DJI lives forever or goes under tomorrow, but they need to protect their business just like everyone else. If that means deleting posts on THEIR OWN FB page, then so be it. I'm sure you'd do the same if you had a business.

Look... maybe Ken Booth could have explained things better, and maybe you could have handled it differently on your end too, but I think it's either time to let it go, or find some way to contact Ken and have a CIVIL conversation with him to see what's up. And if that's not gonna happen, the PLEASE just let it go....

Wow, dc you really have yourself wrapped-up in all of this.

For what exactly??? Ego???

Where is Mr. FDR in all of this???

When you wrestle with Pigs you both get dirty... but the Pigs LIKE it!

Wow, dc you really have yourself wrapped-up in all of this.

For what exactly??? Ego???

Where is Mr. FDR in all of this???

When you wrestle with Pigs you both get dirty... but the Pigs LIKE it!

Sigh. It's the principle guys. It's starting to wear me down to be sure but I don't like having big companies behaving badly get away with it. I will call out any company who does, nothing personal to DJI or their staff. Reign in your employees. Have a code of ethics on how you treat customers and partners and have a zero tolerance policy for stuff like this.

FDR: I have no idea, but if I were him I'd be busy at my lawyers office.

Yea, reminds me of a friend who while bike riding decided he had the right-of-way and was going to make a point.
200lb cyclist vs. 2 ton automobile.

Yep, he made his point AND had right-of-way, however the driver had no license or insurance.

Cyclist still suffers from shoulder pain as a result of the fall and has yet to collect a dime.

57764166.jpg

FDR: I have no idea, but if I were him I'd be busy at my lawyers office.

Lawyers office? Why? Because a company wouldn't let him (or you) post a video to their Facebook page? If I made USB cables, for example, and had a web presence, and another USB cable company wanted to advertise/post something on my site I'd say no too. Last I knew there isn't a law against that...

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Well I think your wife's fears are not plain stupid, but if attacking my wife makes you feel like a big tough guy on a forum, hiding behind your little screen name, so be it.

They have slandered and libeled a small business with accusations of grand larceny, theft, U.S. Mail fraud, spamming and being "scammers". They have provided not ONE SHREAD of evidence and have pretty much destroyed Freddie Del Roasarios small business reputation.

They have threatened me not because I posted a link, but because they have some kind of ax to grind and love throwing their weight around.

Why else would you threaten customers to add them to "the investigation" if they "keep it up" (standing up for small business being destroyed and customers being bullied and banned for speaking out against their actions)??

It's pathetic and disgraceful and if this is allowed to stand, DJI can libel anyone anytime and destroy you or your small photography or parts or video business.

Wait.... I thought you had just innocently posted a random video to the FB group - now you're saying this was posted as part of an agenda you have?

"I'm defending small businesses and paying customers everywhere from being attacked publicly, shamelessly and without regard to the consequences by DJI employees."

Hey Mr DC. You can cross me off your knight in shining armour/paying customer list. I don't believe I will ever be attacked publicly, shamelessly and without regard to the consequences for giving DJI £1,200 of my hard earned dosh.

Lawyers office? Why? Because a company wouldn't let him (or you) post a video to their Facebook page? If I made USB cables, for example, and had a web presence, and another USB cable company wanted to advertise/post something on my site I'd say no too. Last I knew there isn't a law against that...

You've read nothing above. See the bit about DJI's unwarranted attacks and libel on a small business that have probably destroyed it.

"I'm defending small businesses and paying customers everywhere from being attacked publicly, shamelessly and without regard to the consequences by DJI employees."

Hey Mr DC. You can cross me off your knight in shining armour/paying customer list. I don't believe I will ever be attacked publicly, shamelessly and without regard to the consequences for giving DJI £1,200 of my hard earned dosh.

No offense but what the hell are you talking about? Read the thread or keep it to yourself.

Wait.... I thought you had just innocently posted a random video to the FB group - now you're saying this was posted as part of an agenda you have?

I'm sticking up for myself and an unwarranted and vile attack on a small business and exposing it for what it is, disgusting.

That's my agenda.

Yea, reminds me of a friend who while bike riding decided he had the right-of-way and was going to make a point.
200lb cyclist vs. 2 ton automobile.

Yep, he made his point AND had right-of-way, however the driver had no license or insurance.

Cyclist still suffers from shoulder pain as a result of the fall and has yet to collect a dime.

In doing fine. The small business that was attacked by DJI employees I can't say the same for.

No offense but what the hell are you talking about? Read the thread or keep it to yourself.
I'm sorry, is this thread a private conversation?

You claim to be defending paying consumers everywhere. I'm a paying consumer somewhere and I don't want defending by you. Simples.

I have read the thread and I don't see any evidence of DJI behaving as big brother. I see a DJI associated Facebook poster being as rude to you as you were to me in your reply and an alarmist attitude to disagreement that wouldn't happen if you two were talking face to face instead of via the anonymity of Facebook.

Last edited:
Reactions: kirk2579

Yep, I think I am starting to see why the DJI employee may have gotten pissed off. As someone who also has to work with customers who pay lots of money to us, I try my best to remain calm and helpful even if they are complete DB's. But, not everyone is quite as successful.

I'm sorry, is this thread a private conversation?

You claim to be defending paying consumers everywhere. I'm a paying consumer somewhere and I don't want defending by you. Simples.

I have read the thread and I don't see any evidence of DJI behaving as big brother. I see a DJI associated Facebook poster being as rude to you as you were to me in your reply and an alarmist attitude to disagreement that wouldn't happen if you two were talking face to face instead of via the anonymity of Facebook.

I see somebody who can't read and wants to create his own drama while being big tough guy hiding behind his keyboard and screen name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie