Thoughts on this battery on eBay

It's not an OEM DJI battery.

Alternative question might be why shiuld it be more expensive.

Non DJI could mean (doesnt have to be the case) that cells and other critical components are of inferior quality and that overall standards of manufacture are lower.

If it works it may be rendered inooerable by a future firmware update.

If you crash you can expect DJI may deny a warranty claim.

On the other hand it could be great value. Report back with your experiences if you buy. No question OEM are over priced, like flying print cartridges. I changed a couple of epson printers to aftermarket CIS, no blocked heads, accurate colour, no fading or other problems. Plenty of.margin for someone to supply a good afternarket battery at a good price.

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
Alternative question might be why shiuld it be more expensive.

Non DJI could mean (doesnt have to be the case) that cells and other critical components are of inferior quality and that overall standards of manufacture are lower.

If it works it may be rendered inooerable by a future firmware update.

If you crash you can expect DJI may deny a warranty claim.

On the other hand it could be great value. Report back with your experiences if you buy. No question OEM are over priced, like flying print cartridges. I changed a couple of epson printers to aftermarket CIS, no blocked heads, accurate colour, no fading or other problems. Plenty of.margin for someone to supply a good afternarket battery at a good price.
+1 on the CIS for printers. I've been thinking of doing that for a few years.

Ask questions to the vendor:
1. Are these genuine DJI Phantom 3 batteries?

2. Are these batteries used or new?

3. What's the capacity of these batteries?

Are these genuine DJI Phantom 3 batteries?
If the seller actually posted a photo of what is being sold, then this question can be skipped. The battery shown above is not an OEM DJI battery.

If the seller actually posted a photo of what is being sold, then this question can be skipped. The battery shown above is not an OEM DJI battery.
I could not see the pictures clearly on my phone. Also there is nothing wrong in asking questions. Questions are framed in such a way that one can always use them in case of a doubt.

I feel that many times though things are pretty obvious but we should help members who are unable to judge the authenticity.

I feel that many times though things are pretty obvious but we should help members who are unable to judge the authenticity.
Yes, sir. That's why I helped out and confirmed it's not OEM by looking at the photo ;)

Yes, sir. That's why I helped out and confirmed it's not OEM by looking at the photo ;)
All the time a question was coming to my mind how can someone supply batteries at this low price and I was thinking on is it a used battery or is it fabricated using the similar housing. I framed the questions to get more insight into it. May be I made a mistake by asking to get more detail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.