Thoughts on catching your phantom?

Good idea?

• Total voters
Can't say. If I knew I would just lie about it.
Here we go again ! :D
facepalm.jpg

I think it was bout opinions.
I can have the opinion the sky is blue cause that is a fact.

But I can't have an opinion on God, or Aliens, or Bigfoot cause there ain't no facts involved there.

I could be lyin' to you though...

But I can't have an opinion on God, or Aliens, or Bigfoot cause there ain't no facts involved there.

Would you be just lying or **** lying? Makes a difference ya know.....

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Well as far as Bigfoot when I lived in Seattle in 78 and 79 I fished on the Skykomish river for Steelhead
and I swear I thought I saw him one time looking at me through one of them fir tree's .
Then again it just have been one of those hippies back then !

Well as far as Bigfoot when I lived in Seattle in 78 and 79 I fished on the Skykomish river for Steelhead
and I swear I thought I saw him one time looking at me through one of them fir tree's .
Then again it just have been one of those hippies back then !
I was riding my my motorcycle through the foothills of Mount Rainier one day a few summers ago. Pulled onto a Forsest Service road to take a piss. Suddenly could smell something that was like a combination of dirty socks and Skunk Cabbage, and felt like I was being watched. I have no idea what I could smell, but I've often wondered if I almost had a bigfoot encounter. And I'm telling the damned truth.

I didn't know you had lived up here? Was just up the Skykomish above Index last week.

I was riding my my motorcycle through the foothills of Mount Rainier one day a few summers ago. Pulled onto a Forsest Service road to take a piss. Suddenly could smell something that was like a combination of dirty socks and Skunk Cabbage, and felt like I was being watched. I have no idea what I could smell, but I've often wondered if I almost had a bigfoot encounter. And I'm telling the damned truth.
I was too ! Course back then I was a hippie too ;) No telling what I saw :D

I don't think I have even seen something close to bigfoot but I think I may have seen some UFOs. I hear that if you see a UFO, they shoot you with a beam that makes you forget you saw them. So if you think you have never seen one...you have probably seen lots of them.

I don't think I have even seen something close to bigfoot but I think I may have seen some UFOs. I hear that if you see a UFO, they shoot you with a beam that makes you forget you saw them. So if you think you have never seen one...you have probably seen lots of them.
When all this snow is gone !!.jpg

Hand catching is a fact based opinion as well.
Yes, choosing not to hand catch based on the fact you could possibly injure yourself, is a fact based opinion.
Choosing TO hand catch based on the fact that there's an increased chance of tip over, dust/debris in your motors/camera lens, is also fact based.
My belief is there are more tip overs than cut hands, and that's based on what I see here, and what I experience landing on a small case in wind, with ground effect and prop wash.

Trust me to go and bring the damned thread back on topic again. Sorry about that.

cutting a tomato can be a hazardous situation. But done right and safe, and the result could be a hell of a salad.
Same for hand catching your bird.
Its a simple and safe procedure if done in these 4 easy steps:

- hover it at a height higher than your head, but only just.
- fly it to a 2x arms length away from you and leave it stationary there.
- walk to the bird and grab one of the skids on the vertical part.
- do it with the camera facing you, so you have a nice goe movie to share with us if you cut some fingers.

Hand launch is a bit more tricky but done right can be safer than land launch. Like if you are in uneven terrain or a moving vehicle: boat, car (jetpack?).

I ALWAYS hand catch. I learned by necessity, since I'd love to see anyone try and land in a 15+ knot wind which is typical for the OBX. It's an essential drone pilot skill IMHO. I find it easy to avoid getting my fingers chopped off, but mama always said I was lucky. Seriously, if you can't hover and safely catch a Phantom, you should not be flying it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik