Thoughts on 3.04 Firmware

Reaction score
here we go again. new equipment from dii means a **** tone of new firmware upgrades.
i haven't heard anything to bad about it yet?
How many of you are actually going to upgrade to 3.04 from 3.02?
has anyone had any real problems?

:shock:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 12.27.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 12.27.46 PM.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,156
Hi I recently updated to this firmware and honestly I feel like my phantom seems much more stable then previously.... When i hover there seems to be way less drift. I definitely see a noticeable difference and its a big POSITIVE for me anyways.... Im gonna run a few more batteries threw it see if anything changes. Good luck

Did you guys hit the default button for the gains or just leave it where it was? I'm trying to decide which direction to go on this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mustang_52 said:
Did you guys hit the default button for the gains or just leave it where it was? I'm trying to decide which direction to go on this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I hit the default button. Flew today for the first time with 3.04 loaded. Seems to fly great!

I've been flying my p2 without the gimbal on the past few days and noticed it really jerky with the attitude set to 200%
How much of a difference did you notice dropping your gains down to 150 for attitude? :shock:

I've never hit the default values, just left it as is but I'm pretty loaded up with humble, mini iosd, immersionrc and groundstation so I'm thinking of giving it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kelso Kubat said:
I've been flying my p2 without the gimbal on the past few days and noticed it really jerky with the attitude set to 200%
How much of a difference did you notice dropping your gains down to 150 for attitude? :shock:

Well, I never used 260 because I use the P2 for real estate photography and need smooth movement.

Just give it a try, it does make a very noticeable difference.

Tom

Kelso Kubat said:
here we go again. new equipment from dii means a **** tone of new firmware upgrades.
i haven't heard anything to bad about it yet?
How many of you are actually going to upgrade to 3.04 from 3.02?
has anyone had any real problems?

:shock:

To answer your question, I did.

Here's my history:

When I received my P2 on 05/09, it had MC v1.06
I never flew it before upgrading directly to v3.02.

I flew it for the last 2 weeks, or about 12 flights, in light winds (5-10 mph) with no issues (J-hook, TBE, etc.).
It flies like I would expect it to, faithfully (I have 450 heli experience).
My mag. dec. is in my profile.

Yesterday p.m. I upgraded to v3.04.
Performed 'full' IMU & compass calibs.
I flew this a.m. and did not notice any changes from my previous flights.

v3.04 is a keeper for me.

FWIW: I live 900 ft. from a cell tower and have never had a glitch when using my T-rex 450 w/DX-7 from home.

Thats really good to know.
I also just recently had my phantom delivered on 4-30. mine was shipped with 3.02 on it ready to go. my first flight i had prop guards on with OEM 9" self tighteners. it was very windy. and i experien fed VRS about 6 minutes in when it got caught in a 40+ mph gust. tried to counter steer and locked into a VRS situation. only about 20 feet up but still really posed me off. since then i have removed the gimbal and flown naked. quad is very jerky due to its lightness i believe.
I am actually looking forward to this upgrade after hearing all the positive feedback.
gimbal is going back on Today too! :shock:

Kelso,

Thank your lucky stars you still have a phantom in one piece. Flying when there are 40+ gusts is asking for disaster to put it mildly.

T

tom3holer said:
Kelso,

Thank your lucky stars you still have a phantom in one piece. Flying when there are 40+ gusts is asking for disaster to put it mildly.

T
i don't fly above 10 anymore. if the leaves are blowing i stay on the ground.
I let that excitement take over and get the best of me. :shock:

damoncooper said:
What gains are you folks on 3.0.4 using?
i am still using the gains my phantom was shipped with... Just updated to 3.04 this morning. put all my FPV, iosd and gimbal back on and took it out for a quick test. winds on the ground were mild but as i got to about 100ft i could feel it drifting around in aTTI. nothing uncontrollable it was actually pretty fun.
I noticed after updating my copter is less jerky then before and seems to fly smoother.
especially when flying in Fluid Pan Mode....

Have been testing the 3.04 version for many flights now, and it seams my top speed has been decreased a lot. This is something Im not to fond of. Anyone else feel the same? I need to go pretty fast since I am recording fast moving objects.
Is there a way to increase the top speed of the phantom? Change the gains maybe? As for right now I'm using the default values. All tips are very welcome!

Thanks,

Engan01 said:
Have been testing the 3.04 version for many flights now, and it seams my top speed has been decreased a lot. This is something Im not to fond of. Anyone else feel the same?

Thanks,
Yes I found the same. Posted this in the thread below.

xgeek said:
They have reduced the max tilt angle in both GPS and Atti mode. Max tilt as shown on my iOSD mini in GPS mode is now -13 degrees and in atti mode -25 degrees. I struggle to get more than 10m/s in GPS mode in forward flight. I am sure before it was -25 degrees for GPS and -35 degrees for atti.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16254&start=10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair