Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Thoughts from a guy who went from X5-C to P3A...

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by stinkeye, May 6, 2015.

1. stinkeye

My initial thoughts after my first P3A flight tonight. Wonder if others were as awe inspired? Feel free to share if so...

Controlling an aircraft that's 400 feet above you, a half mile away, and it's pitch dark out except for the light of the moon is equal parts thrilling and terrifying.
    I've been a self confessed gadget geek since I took my first computer apart a few decades ago, but I have never been so dazzled by technology as I am right this very second.
    The mere fact that an average citizen can harness this much technology without much more than a decent paycheck leads me to believe none of this will end well.
    It's like giving the keys of a Bugatti Veyron to a 17 year old. Some will cut loose when it's safe and prudent to do so, but most will end up doing serious harm to themselves and/or others in the pursuit of the adrenaline rush.

2. GAP308

I flew for the first time today. The flying part was by far the easiest. I chose mode 1 and it was very intuitive. My second flight was about 45 min ago at night. I shot video into the window of my living room b/c I was super impressed with the quality. Unfortunately I just figured out what was wrong with the camera so future videos will be better. Pretty big learning curve from A-Z, but thankfully flying isn't one of them. I did however lose the P3P and was 1/2 mile away from where I thought I was. The little GPS map in the corner saved me!! I flew by that to bring it home and it was piece of cake. I couldn't be happier at the moment.

3. PishPosh

What was wrong with the camera?

4. coherent

Plastic film still over the lens?

5. stinkeye

Take your name calling elsewhere.