Thought I lost my P2V

Reaction score
Funny story. So my cousin came to visit and he wanted to see the "drone" as he called it. I was showing it to him and his dog was running around and knocked into it and scared the crap out of me. No damage but I hurried to get it off the ground. After flying for a bit I was showing off by showing just how far and high it can go. I lost sight of it and shut off the TX to have it come back. Waited 5 min and nothing. Panicked and we both hopped in the car trying to get signal with the wifi so I could get its location. After searching for about 45 minutes through the farmer fields I called my wife and said it was probably lost because I was distracted and didn't think I gave it enough time to set home point. At which point she calls me back and says, "it landed here in the back yard". LOL. She said she was going to mess with me and decided not to.

Moral of the story? Make sure you know that home point was set and don't let people around you distract you. :)

Scottrod said:
Moral of the story? Make sure you know that home point was set and don't let people around you distract you. :)

So very true. We did a test at local Hobby shop (Hobby Warehouse) Flew a P1 around their parking lot in normal start up config IE GPS/Home point - then went down the street fired it up and took off before home lock. THEN turned off TX - P1 went straight back to the original home point at the store. Unfortunately no GoPro onboard for video... So if you do your GPS/home lock at one location and forget at the next location - "flyer beware"

Noo... you're gonna ruin Phantom's bad repution...

Instead of a flyaway, you're creating the reverse of it... you've done everything wrong, yet it flew home anyway :twisted:

I think we all have a story. After making modifications from the "More Powerful Repeater" thread, I was showing a friend how far it could fly. I got it to 2500' distance on a windy day. After losing FPV, I turned off the TX and when it didn't come back into view from the direction I thought it should come from, I panicked and had already resolved in my mind I just lost this thing! I guess the wind blew it around but it came from the 10 o'clock position instead on my 12-1230.

I make it a point to double check satellite lock and it's on GPS :D

Scottrod said:
Funny story. So my cousin came to visit and he wanted to see the "drone" as he called it. I was showing it to him and his dog was running around and knocked into it and scared the crap out of me. No damage but I hurried to get it off the ground. After flying for a bit I was showing off by showing just how far and high it can go. I lost sight of it and shut off the TX to have it come back. Waited 5 min and nothing. Panicked and we both hopped in the car trying to get signal with the wifi so I could get its location. After searching for about 45 minutes through the farmer fields I called my wife and said it was probably lost because I was distracted and didn't think I gave it enough time to set home point. At which point she calls me back and says, "it landed here in the back yard". LOL. She said she was going to mess with me and decided not to.

Ha ha that is funny. But it did actually returned to "Home" :D
Glad to hear you got it back.

LeoS said:

Instead of a flyaway, you're creating the reverse of it... you've done everything wrong, yet it flew home anyway :twisted:

Funny :D

And, funny you should say that. Wanna take bets on how many "flyaways" were this exact flip-side scenario?

OI Photography said:
LeoS said:

Funny :D

And, funny you should say that. Wanna take bets on how many "flyaways" were this exact flip-side scenario?

Yep. I thought I lost mine too, and damned near did. I didn't wait long enough for GPS lock and things got out of control pretty quick. I was incredibly lucky to spot it off in the distance and slowly reel it back in. Scary feeling. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers