Thor battery charger

Reaction score
Has any P4 owners used or have any thoughts on the Thor multi charger. Phantom 4 Thor Super-Charging Station Triple Battery Charger Hub

I am thinking about it but worried about using a third party charger. The DJI multi charger looks good but only charges one at a time.

This is my first drone so don't know if there are any real bad horror stories using third party chargers.

Any thoughts/advice.

Thanks!

I am thinking about it but worried about using a third party charger. The DJI multi charger looks good but only charges one at a time.
I own the P4 battery charging hub and it works very well. Here's why I like it:
  • It's supported by DJI.
  • I'm never in a hurry to charge my batteries (I often charge them the day before I fly).
  • There is a switch on the side that allows the batteries to be charged up to 50% to store them.
If interested, you can purchase the DJI charging hub directly from DJI or from Amazon.

If you aren't worried about using a non-DJI charger and you want to charge the batteries as quickly as possible, then the battery charger hozzie linked above is the best option available right now. It seems everyone is giving it favorable reviews too.

Save yourself some money. Looks to be the same one, just with some rebadging.

Amazon.com : SUNRISC 4 In 1 Splits Wall Charger with Plug Adapter For DJI Phantom 4 Battery/Remote Control : Sports & Outdoors

I just got mine and many others are using it. Haven't heard anything bad.
I have this exact charger and it works great. Tested charging 3 batteries and the rc at the same time, the unit never got hot as the cooling fan does it's job. It took 1h20m to fully charge all the batteries to 100%.

Has any P4 owners used or have any thoughts on the Thor multi charger. Phantom 4 Thor Super-Charging Station Triple Battery Charger Hub

This is my first drone so don't know if there are any real bad horror stories using third party chargers.

Any thoughts/advice.

Thanks!
I just bought the Thor from Drone World and it doesn't work..it makes a cute little sound when you shake it. I am returning and getting one from Amazon.

Drone World is charging almost three times the cost of the same thing on Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Drone World is charging almost three times the cost of the same thing on Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
You are correct on the price, and now I see that the charger is working. I am returning it anyway since it's got something loose inside. I've got one coming from Amazon. Thanks for your reply

You guys are completely mislead here.... all of the products you showed here besides the THOR one are parallel chargers MEANING that when three batteries are connected, it splits the charge coming from the outlet into 3 charges which will take 3 times longer to charge. The THOR chargers will take 1.5 hours to charge all 3 unlike EVERY other one here.

The Thor is just a ebay 3 battery charger that has had some paint put on the outside and the price jacked up 300%

I bought the same charger on ebay for around $50. And it charges 3 batteries and the controller all at once in about 1.5hrs. Works well

So no u don.t have to buy a thor

RYAN, I paid less than 50.00 on aliexpress for the black one and I charge all 3 in 1:30 hours. I have been doing this for the past 2 months since they came out. The two top wires have their dedicated power supply and the 2 bottom wires (AC + RC) share one other power supply.Take the cover off and can can see it. There is a video on you tube about this.

You guys are completely mislead here.... all of the products you showed here besides the THOR one are parallel chargers MEANING that when three batteries are connected, it splits the charge coming from the outlet into 3 charges which will take 3 times longer to charge. The THOR chargers will take 1.5 hours to charge all 3 unlike EVERY other one here.

We are not MISLEAD here at all! DJI is the only brand you should use. I have 4 batteries and they are always ready to go.
After a day of flying unless you are a pro, 4 batteries is the most you will ever use in one day. I usually use mostly 3 in one day.

Knowing that I have a DJI charger ensures me that my batteries are fully charged and ready to go. All the other "off brand" chargers might be fine, but when you have the best there is no need to worry. If you are worried about "time" of charging your batteries, you are in the wrong hobby.

Maybe, that is why so many people first "ON:Y" post problems as their first post. Then msinger is here to glide them to the correct answer.

This hobby/sport is best learned by "READING" That is how I learned things here. Having over 1500 hours of "real flying" in single and multi engine planes logged in, I really enjoy this hobby as well.

So unless, when you ever get your "ticket" you will really understand the art of flying:) on how it is not how fast it took you to charge your batteries or getting ready for takeoff but knowing you are flying SAFELY !

The Thor is just a ebay 3 battery charger that has had some paint put on the outside and the price jacked up 300%

I bought the same charger on ebay for around $50. And it charges 3 batteries and the controller all at once in about 1.5hrs. Works well

So no u don.t have to buy a thor

I know the other chargers on ebay and what not are 50 and might work fine... but you pay 50 more dollars for a quality branded warranty and guarantee. There is actually some decent tech involved with the inverter.

RYAN, I paid less than 50.00 on aliexpress for the black one and I charge all 3 in 1:30 hours. I have been doing this for the past 2 months since they came out. The two top wires have their dedicated power supply and the 2 bottom wires (AC + RC) share one other power supply.Take the cover off and can can see it. There is a video on you tube about this.

same thing.. buying from china venders like ali don't necessarily give me the comfort when charging 3 - $130 batteries at the same time. i did not know the ebay ones both of you refereed to were dedicated to each battery. I thought it was a parallel.

Whatever floats your boat, we were all newbies at one stage on this forum and by reading we learn.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if u want to pay $150 rather than $50 for the same thing but with warantee thats fine. There is value in having that peace of mind... though the ebay ones will refund u as well of they don.t work! Someones got to point out the alternatives for the newbies

Here the link to same charger for $50
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01FKH027S/ph079-20

Last edited:
I got the 3 up charger some time ago and one reason is that DJI did not have one out yet. I since then got the DJI P4, 3 battery at a time charger that is one charged at a time and takes longer. Usually I am in no hurry because I have 4 batteries. The good thing about this charger is that you have a full charge mode and a storage charge mode (50%). If you are to buy one charger I recommend the DJI just because you can do a storage charge with no fuss and I know that my batteries will hopefully last longer.

Reactions: Big Al KY
We are not MISLEAD here at all! DJI is the only brand you should use. I have 4 batteries and they are always ready to go.
After a day of flying unless you are a pro, 4 batteries is the most you will ever use in one day. I usually use mostly 3 in one day.

Knowing that I have a DJI charger ensures me that my batteries are fully charged and ready to go. All the other "off brand" chargers might be fine, but when you have the best there is no need to worry. If you are worried about "time" of charging your batteries, you are in the wrong hobby.

Maybe, that is why so many people first "ON:Y" post problems as their first post. Then msinger is here to glide them to the correct answer.

This hobby/sport is best learned by "READING" That is how I learned things here. Having over 1500 hours of "real flying" in single and multi engine planes logged in, I really enjoy this hobby as well.

So unless, when you ever get your "ticket" you will really understand the art of flying:) on how it is not how fast it took you to charge your batteries or getting ready for takeoff but knowing you are flying SAFELY !

this is just a funny post. DJI, although make great products, sucks at support. Third paties like Drone-World actually innovate and sell replacement parts DJI won't. The DJI charger is fine and i use it also, but buying 2 extras at $60 bucks each is $120.. They want you to buy multiple chargers so they don't need to stock another product so why create a multi charger.

DJI is not the "Best" there is by the way.. this post is straight funny. There are many many companies who STRICTLY create and sell battery products like thor, venom, smart power... Hop of the DJI D and realize that there are companies who specialize in other areas.

Unlike the professional Big Al KY, usually you use 3 batteries in one video shoot at least... then what happens when you leave that site and have to go to another one and shoot??? DJI can't support you there...

not trying to argue but here: Thor Supercharger Phantom 3 Powered Triple Battery Charger

its $99, but honestly i have the Venom charger which is like the Smart power one. i do like how you got that on amazon though. if something happens amazon will always stand behind it if the vender doesnt.

Venom Pro DJI Phantom 3 Quad Battery Charger - Standard/Advanced/Professional/4K
SmartPowerCharge.com Site Product Detail Page

clean, protected, and deep cycle makes it very attractive.

and b.t.w. just because i don't post at phantom pilots doesn't mean i'm a newbie...

Whatever floats your boat, we were all newbies at one stage on this forum and by reading we learn.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if u want to pay $150 rather than $50 for the same thing but with warantee thats fine. There is value in having that peace of mind... though the ebay ones will refund u as well of they don.t work! Someones got to point out the alternatives for the newbies

Here the link to same charger for $50
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01FKH027S/ph079-20

RT, sounds like you work for Drone World................

did you finish reading the first sentence? i don't even own the drone world "thor" charger. I was using it as an example. I was specifically trying to see why other companies besides DJI also offer quality products for drones. i honestly use drone world because i don't really know any other sites with so many types of products for our drones.

this is just a funny post. DJI, although make great products, sucks at support. Third paties like Drone-World actually innovate and sell replacement parts DJI won't. The DJI charger is fine and i use it also, but buying 2 extras at $60 bucks each is $120.. They want you to buy multiple chargers so they don't need to stock another product so why create a multi charger.

DJI is not the "Best" there is by the way.. this post is straight funny. There are many many companies who STRICTLY create and sell battery products like thor, venom, smart power... Hop of the DJI D and realize that there are companies who specialize in other areas.

Unlike the professional Big Al KY, usually you use 3 batteries in one video shoot at least... then what happens when you leave that site and have to go to another one and shoot??? DJI can't support you there...
The great thing about this post and many others is that we live in the "free world"
I fly for fun and excitement. Being "retired" means simply not having to worry if DJI charges I more $$$ than a 3rd party vendor.
But, like vendors like Jake and Stacy they are the best by far in the products they sell.

Between them and DJI, there is no longer a "hunt" for the best.

If you thought RT that my post was funny, get tickets for my Friday night performance.

Reactions: KillShot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj